Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.6L 4cyl rodeo not running on petrol URGENT HELP

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
hello all. my dad's 98 model 2.6L 4 cyl rodeo has LPG and petrol. it runs sweet as on gas, but it's shocking on petrol. on petrol, it had no power what so ever, and now, it won't even start on petrol. when you try to start it, it seems as though the engine is struggling to kick over. i'm thinking maybe fuel pump and injectors. are are your thoughts? my dad needs the car for work. the car has done approx 450,000 kms, the reco motor has done approx 200,000 kms, we got a reco head about 5000km ago. The fuel filter was changed a few weeks ago. so yeah, apart from the engine itself and the petrol filter, the rest of the car is extremely old. so, could it be the fuel pump and injectors?

any help would be much appreciated!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
could be the injectors if it hasnt been run on petrol much
probably best to get it to a professional for advice

Rob

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
cool thanx robbo! we got the fuel pump replaced, the car started ok with teh new pump, but it would still be **** house when you drive. the airflow meter was replaced, made no difference. then out of nowhere, it started to run like a dream!?!? just have to wait for my dad to come back home, and see if everything's still ok. :)

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
check your cyclindar head it may need to go into recondition or need to fit a better slinies. Also when running on LPG best recommend to run the car on petrol to let oil run throught the engine. But still check the fuel injectors

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx for the reply kenster. about 5000kms ago we got a reconditioned head. the car is run on petrol, but most of the time, its run on gas. well out of nowhere, it seems to be fine!?!? teh car runs ok on petrol....i dunno....bloody cars, they're a pain.