Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 Hole Mod Query

fullaaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ
hey guys,
i am seeing alot of people doing the 2 hole mod and replacing the original curved pipe that sucks air from under the bonnet. What is the benefit if any, of replacing this with 90mm pipe? The original setup is drawing cold air anyway. I was under the impression that the 2nd hole was just to suck in more cold air from behind the headlight???
can someone please advise. cheers

lacy18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I reckon the main reason that it's being removed is because of the 90 degree angle in the pipe. It probably doesn't let as much air in as opposed to a flared 90mm straight pipe due to the direction of the air flow coming into the engine bay

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
thinking of doing this mod to my car, i got the 90mm plumbers pipe then wondered if it can handle the temps that are under the bonnet. Can anyone who has done it confirm how it holds up

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It will be fine

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I did mine over a year ago and no problems. So ur plumbers pipe will be fine mate.

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
did mine with with PVC pipe of hard rubbish collection, win. i have had this mod for 2 months now it doesn't make any noticeable difference to performance in my opinion but does give it a much nicer induction noise. well worth the time it takes to do.