Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 jl 13.5 w1s LOUDER than a single 18" woofer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
what i dont understand is how does my friend have 2 jl 13.5 w1s 700rms.. and i have a 18" 1200rms and his is still louder.

l.jpg

168016_170510932994073_100001055036640_381704_4146079_n.jpg

his is made with 1" thick wood and mine was made with 0.75" thick wood

his sounds like bass demanding massive sound pressure everywhere.. this is what it did.. YouTube - my friends ute with 2 JL 13.5" w1v2's vibrating my car

and i think because my box in my boot so its like a seperate apartment.. but still dont know why mine isnt as loud.. i bet if i put my sub/amp in his ute it would be louder.. but idk..

he also put a w7 in that box and covered the other hole and it was even louder!

both boxes are tuned around the same, mines a bit small coz i cant fit any bigger in my boot

this is the type of bass im talking about.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKlLpkof5z4&feature=channel_video_title

this is what im sposed to get.. bass just fills the whole car and covers the whole block< thats what he told me..

and also when your sitting in there and its turned up you can feel the seat just vibrate really hard and the bass just hurts ur throat and you can feel it in your stomach.. and it opened up his glove box lol. but ye thats the kind of bass i should be getting.. i love it when its that loud!

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's automatically better. It's all dependent on the sub, sub box, amp and the environment. His sub woofers are behind him yours are locked in a boot. I got 2 12 inch Rockford subs in boxes that would easily kick your 18 inch sub's ass in the same environment and with the same amp. Just for reference purposes.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's automatically better. It's all dependent on the sub, sub box, amp and the environment. His sub woofers are behind him yours are locked in a boot. I got 2 12 inch Rockford subs in boxes that would easily kick your 18 inch sub's ass in the same environment and with the same amp. Just for reference purposes.

no **** ay

Status
Not open for further replies.