Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20” by 10 with 275/30/20 all around is it possible? Please do help

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My argument is that I got two punctures and they were both getting fixed
Had that very discussion with the technical guys at DOTARS where I was told in no uncertain terms temporary tyres are just that, temporary. Technically they also should have temporary use stickers with speed warning on them :rolleyes:

As such they can’t be used for expended periods (extended periods being subjective) so you‘re sailing close to the wind on strict legality terms… Practically, guess there is more money booking people for speeding, using phone while driving and drink driving, hence more focus on such things than checking tyres. So you’ll probably fly under the radar until a big accident causes some focus on tyres and then you may be in the poo :oops:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Had that very discussion with the technical guys at DOTARS where I was told in no uncertain terms temporary tyres are just that, temporary. Technically they also should have temporary use stickers with speed warning on them :rolleyes:

As such they can’t be used for expended periods (extended periods being subjective) so you‘re sailing close to the wind on strict legality terms… Practically, guess there is more money booking people for speeding, using phone while driving and drink driving, hence more focus on such things than checking tyres. So you’ll probably fly under the radar until a big accident causes some focus on tyres and then you may be in the poo :oops:
Gee lucky I didn't say the outer edges are totally worn on the tyres I just put on