Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20” rims Tyre profile

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Just had it in for warranty new harmonic balancer they also checked suspension & replaced the front sway and link bushes that’s solved the knock I was hearing. Back on topic I’m getting use to the 20’s now I think once I get new tyres it will improve a bit too the ones that came with these wheels have about 70% tread

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Don’t expect tyres to change suspension compliance or bumps you feel through the wheels; they can be quieter & grip better, but unless you’re on run-flats (very unlikely!) it won’t change your comfort-level when you change tyres.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Don’t expect tyres to change suspension compliance or bumps you feel through the wheels; they can be quieter & grip better, but unless you’re on run-flats (very unlikely!) it won’t change your comfort-level when you change tyres.
i'm sure a tyre with low tread you will feel more bumps and road compared to one with 90% tread

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wouldn't call 70% tread low.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
i'm sure a tyre with low tread you will feel more bumps and road compared to one with 90% tread

Play with your air pressures?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's the sidewall & the air inside that matters; the thickness of the tread itself makes immeasurable difference.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
more sidewall=more flex, higher pressure=less flex, more rim to less tyre=less flex, less flex=harsher ride.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Run flats provide a harsher ride in my opinion......They have much thicker rubber all around the tyre, creating less flex in the tyre

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Doubt it....As mentioned, side wall flex creates the comfort, not the tread depth......As a reference, drive an older car that has 14" or 15" tyres, with a high profile tyre....ie a 215/65X14 or 205/65X15, then bolt on some 17" rims, with 235/45X17's and notice the difference in ride quality.....

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Yep okay got it cheers fellas