Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20" Rims or not

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Hey All,
My mate reckons my E1 Senator looks like a 4WD
(not low enough bigger rims needed).He is the third guy that has pointed this out to me since owning the car.I like the way the car looks & sits but I want to put it to you members to gauge your reaction.If I go ahead I love E1 GTS 20" rims to keep the mods to an E1 spec but again mates have said E3 GTS rims would suit better.I have always kept my cars as close to factory as possible,so any comments on factory v mods will be appreciated.I have photo shopped the car lowered & with the rims and didn't like the outcome.So whaddya reckon?Don't ya love mates!!!!!!
Thanks Heaps
Craigo8

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Whos car is it, yours, or your mates? Make up your own mind, and stop listening to the "mate" syndrome.
I have a 2007 E1 GTS, and if I want to change it, I will, not my mates.

And you have stated several times thru your thread that you like it the way it is, why are you even asking?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I reckon E3 GTS wheels are horrid. But that's just my personal taste.

E1's are sick but then you are kinda taking away a bit of the uniqueness, by taking off the senator wheels. Just food for thought.

I'd whack some Grange 19's on it. :boxing:

The above is just my opinion. Please keep all flaming to a minimum. Thanks and good day, sir.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Whos car is it, yours, or your mates? Make up your own mind, and stop listening to the "mate" syndrome.
I have a 2007 E1 GTS, and if I want to change it, I will, not my mates.

And you have stated several times thru your thread that you like it the way it is, why are you even asking?

You know when you buy a car ya mates are going to add an expert opinion!!! I am not going to change it because of that,just putting it out there.I value everyone's opinion but yes it is my car & only I will decide.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I wasnt having a go at you, just usually find that mates dont have anything worth looking at, but want you to change to what they would like.
Stick a photo up for us to look at. What colour is it?

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Keep it the way it is.

I'd never listen to my mates, they all tell me to put chev badges on. And they're not kidding either !!!

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Keep it the way it is.

I'd never listen to my mates, they all tell me to put chev badges on. And they're not kidding either !!!

My mates seem to know more than factory trained dudes with 20 yrs of engineering behind them..... Get them on the beers and look out..... Anyway,thanks for feedback.(colour is Sandstorm Onyx)

h4ydos

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice S2
Stock is stock... simple.

Modded is Modded but when u put a nice set of 5 spoke chromes 20" maybe 22" (effecting ride quality as well) is going to look really nice.
With a little dish.

I would listen to your mates they're just giving you input and its all up to you what you do with that input.

That's what mates are for.

cheers

h4ydos

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
From my experience, I believe 19s are best bet for VE.

I've tried 20s, looked cool, didn't effect performance in bad way ... but the ride was harsh for my taste (with lowered setup). Switched back to 19".

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
From my experience, I believe 19s are best bet for VE.

I've tried 20s, looked cool, didn't effect performance in bad way ... but the ride was harsh for my taste (with lowered setup). Switched back to 19".

Thanks for the feedback guys,
I am still undecided about 20",checked out tyre prices and cost of lowering is not to bad but on Sydney roads it will be harsh ride.Already destroyed 19" rim from pothole.Anyway thanks again got some thinking to do.
Cheers