Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20" Supersport Wheels

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Ok, I have this problem, I purchased some second hand 20" Supersport wheels and tires.
I get home and well, they dont f*#ken fit. I want to kick a puppy.
They wont fit over my brembros front or back.
What have I purchased, and can I make them fit with spacers? is this what spacers are for? I drive my ute very hard and not sure I like the idea of spacers.
img1124od.jpg

BTW, they are for sale, $2000 or there abouts.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'm not a fan of spacers personally, especially if you're driving the car hard or on the track... I also seem to remember there was some legality issues as well, but I discredited it as there are a lot of cars that come standard with them these days. Maybe another member will be able to confirm this for you.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
You can buy spacers which bolt directly to the hub, and technically all you really need is an extra 5mm.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Spacers? Very BAD advice.

It is illegal to use spacers in NSW and in most other States(unless they are an original equipment fitment - and they are not on any commodore).

Use wheel spacers on your commodore and your vehicle is immediately unroadworthy and you have also prejudiced your comprehensive car insurance cover (assuming you have such cover).

There are quite a few aftermarket wheels that will fit with big brake applications and the ONLY legal option is to fit a wheel that is designed to clear the brake fittings.

It is also a condition of comprehensive insurance policies that vehicle modifications (and this includes changing wheels and fitting illegal items like spacers) have to be declared to the insurance company.

Last edited:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I should also add I have actually seen the end result after this was done. And I've also seen Ozzy Tyres actually in the process of grinding out the back of a set of wheels. When they saw me watching them another bloke stood in front to block my view.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Hi Troy
Do you really think weakening the structural integrity of the wheel by removing significant alloy material from the spokes is sound advice?

If this is what Tempe Tyres are doing it is a Dodgy Brothers solution and irresponsible IMHO.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Hi Troy
Do you really think weakening the structural integrity of the wheel by removing significant alloy material from the spokes is sound advice?

If this is what Tempe Tyres are doing it is a Dodgy Brothers solution and irresponsible IMHO.

Im sure Troy isnt condoning the grinding of wheels.