Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20 x 10.5" wheels

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
So ive ordered new koya sf11s for my vf2 ssv sedan but changed my mind im going from 10" to 10.5" now

What tyres are every one running with 10.5" and do you get much scubbing?

Guards have already been rolled

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
To answer your question you need to supply the rim offset.

Suitable tyres and scrubbing will differ depending on how conservative or aggressive it is.

Not sure what the 10.5" are but originally was getting 42 offset with 10" koya is telling me to put 295/30

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Not sure what the 10.5" are but originally was getting 42 offset with 10" koya is telling me to put 295/30

Mate you really do need to know that offset before anyone could possibly offer an answer to your question as guessing just doesn’t cut it when you are going that wide with both rim and tyre.

Having fitted 10 inch rims with a +45 offset to the rear of a VE with 295 wide tyres I can tell you that +42 offset is seriously touch and go and my money would have been on it scrapping.

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
Mate you really do need to know that offset before anyone could possibly offer an answer to your question as guessing just doesn’t cut it when you are going that wide with both rim and tyre.

Having fitted 10 inch rims with a +45 offset to the rear of a VE with 295 wide tyres I can tell you that +42 offset is seriously touch and go and my money would have been on it scrapping.

Spoke to koya they said going to be 10.5" with +42 and running 295/30 20 will be fine so they say.

I was going to go 285/30 but they reakon will be too small compared to 275/35 just alil confused at what to throw on em. I know going to get alil bit of scrubbing i can handle. Ive got coilovers in so if means to play around with height i can

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I ran 10.5 +36 rears on my VE wagon, with 275's, never rubbed (standard height)
I've got to do a proper test fit on the VF, but would love to know if i can move up to a 285 ( i think 295 would be dreaming for me)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Spoke to koya they said going to be 10.5" with +42 and running 295/30 20 will be fine so they say.

I was going to go 285/30 but they reakon will be too small compared to 275/35 just alil confused at what to throw on em. I know going to get alil bit of scrubbing i can handle. Ive got coilovers in so if means to play around with height i can

My rears are 20x10.5 with a +42 offset with coilovers and I went with 275 to avoid problems as it seemed to be what others were doing but was disappointed when it was as obvious as dog’s ball that a 285 would easily fit and it MAY also be possible to get a 295 under there but I’ll reserve my opinion until I measure up.

When the 275’s wear out their welcome I’ll swap them out for something wider.

The beauty of your situation is that Koya are saying the 295 will fit and in that case they should be happy to back themselves in writing to replace the tyres at no charge to you if they do foul the guards.

IMG_4783_zpsqvpbxqah.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4808a_zpsrqkecf4a.jpg

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
My rears are 20x10.5 with a +42 offset with coilovers and I went with 275 to avoid problems as it seemed to be what others were doing but was disappointed when it was as obvious as dog’s ball that a 285 would easily fit and it MAY also be possible to get a 295 under there but I’ll reserve my opinion until I measure up.

When the 275’s wear out their welcome I’ll swap them out for something wider.

The beauty of your situation is that Koya are saying the 295 will fit and in that case they should be happy to back themselves in writing to replace the tyres at no charge to you if they do foul the guards.

IMG_4783_zpsqvpbxqah.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4808a_zpsrqkecf4a.jpg

Yeah i dont really wanna go 275s dont want too much of the rim poking out with a streached tyre. Have you got any of the back wheels? i asked about the 285/30 but they said be too small

Dunno if they would pay if i put 295s on there would they. But if thats what they reakon then ill put them on an see how it goes. Just dont see many running them..

I know either way there Probably going to scrub abit bit long as it's not too much an dampenings pretty stiff atm.

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
I ran 10.5 +36 rears on my VE wagon, with 275's, never rubbed (standard height)
I've got to do a proper test fit on the VF, but would love to know if i can move up to a 285 ( i think 295 would be dreaming for me)

Standard height i dont think they will.. mines already been lowered on coilovers an guards rolled. Guy who done my guards reakons should be ok his putting 11s on his wagon

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I ordered the SF11 for my VE SS, after humming and harring over offsets, Koya recommended for best fitment to keep it flush with guard with zero fitment issues 20x10 45+ rears and 8.5 30+ which im getting and will clear my Brembos all round..
From abit of research seems like HSV VE VF can run a wider and slightly more aggressive offset due to the guards being more pumped.
The offset doesn't change the concavity of the wheel only where it sits from the hub.

Last edited: