Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
If anyone has read this whole thread, i started it. I was planning on working my 08 SV6. In the end i decided to upgrade to the V8 with the extra couple of thousand instead.

Best decision i ever made. It is amazing. Uses 1-2L of extras fuel per 100km. Cost me an extra $80 on my annual insurance.

I don't know what else to say lol. Not bagging out V6's though as everyone has their reasons to own them, i had mine as i was on my P's.

I would strongly recommend buying a V8 instead of buying a V6 and performance modding it. If u have a choice that is.

exactly, i had my vs while on p's, I did spent a bit on it, goes well for a 6 however as im off my p's in a few weeks ill have my ve ssv waiting in the shed for me :D

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Ahh I've got no choice at the moment...spent on the SIDI and the wife not about to trade on a an 8 right now so mod the six I will. I reckon the diff change will be sweet and will tide me over for a couple more years until the SIDI 8 is released :)

When are they talking about releasing the SIDI V8??

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Dunno if this has been posted, but Capa are making chargers for the sv6

CAPA : Supercharger Kits

and i read somewhere i believe someone in syd is close to having a good turbo for the sv6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I reckon wait till raptor have another go at the alloytecs.

btw, my car made 150 rwkw on a mainline dyno on 91ron in 30* heat. Mods were headers and mufflers. Surprisingly the rw torque was 341nm!!

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
**** thats not bad, yeah i'm either going to get a SS or look into getting a turbo or charger on my 6 well in the early new year

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just be aware of the insurance risks with FI on your 6. Only real thing that would be holding me back.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
yeah i'm not that worried, rating 2 now, just car is usually very good, even tho im under ammi who owns them. My mates got 2 cars under them both with 250 plus rwkw and had no prob

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
fair enough, I reckon that'd be the way to go if ya love ya car as much as I love mine.

regarding the 200rwkw+ NA, I reckon it won't be hard. Tuning has been a big problem for development of new parts, but thats slowly trickling in.

I'd say, CPR6, full exhaust, cats, headers, CAI, mace spacers and custom tune you'd see around 190-210rwkw (depending on SIDI or not)