Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Exactly.
The pros with the growler is it is enclosed and a non oil filter (correct me if im wrong), which means it shouldnt defect you and it looks stealth, but its expensive and you would need to make your own piping

Cant remember the final torques but it was a fairly significant gain

Mate from experience the way to go would be to change the diff gears (best bang for buck even though it doesnt add kw), tune or chip, catback, headers/cats, intake in that order from greatest to least performance gain. And bang for your buck the diff gears, tune/chip, and catback (given that you can just cutout the middle section and throw on rear mufflers)

do intakes get you a defect if caught??

changing the diff gears aye, you reckon thats the greatest performance boost?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if it's a manual greatest performance boost is with a quality clutch then diff gears loving my 3.45 total different car. still nothing on a v8 but good none the less.

Also most L98 make more then 200rwkw (most make 215-225ish) stock my VY SS ute made 203rwkw stock as a rock.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
if it's a manual greatest performance boost is with a quality clutch then diff gears loving my 3.45 total different car. still nothing on a v8 but good none the less.

Also most L98 make more then 200rwkw (most make 215-225ish) stock my VY SS ute made 203rwkw stock as a rock.

hey mate. i checked out your car thread, very nice.

yea i don't really understand diff's yet.

are you happy with all your mods? anything you wish you had done differently?

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
Probably not really relevant but ive got a vz Calais with the 190kw alloytec. Currently its got a dual 2.25 inch X-Force exhaust, 2 hole mod, Bosch platinum plugs and lukey air filter, next Saturday im getting Pacemaker extractors and magnaflow cats installed along with a Dyno tune. The place doing the extractors cats and tune estimate that i should get 220 - 230 rwhp or 165 - 170rwkw. So to get a 195kw alloytec up to 200rwkw you are talking much more than bolt- on parts and tune. Ill be getting a Dyno sheet before fitting extractors, cats and tune and one after its all done. so itll be interesting to see what the figures really are. but who is to say the Dyno inst lying either. lol

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
post your sheet. I reckon max 160rwkw. Respectable from an alloytec and hard to get much more without forced induction.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Probably not really relevant but ive got a vz Calais with the 190kw alloytec. Currently its got a dual 2.25 inch X-Force exhaust, 2 hole mod, Bosch platinum plugs and lukey air filter, next Saturday im getting Pacemaker extractors and magnaflow cats installed along with a Dyno tune. The place doing the extractors cats and tune estimate that i should get 220 - 230 rwhp or 165 - 170rwkw. So to get a 195kw alloytec up to 200rwkw you are talking much more than bolt- on parts and tune. Ill be getting a Dyno sheet before fitting extractors, cats and tune and one after its all done. so itll be interesting to see what the figures really are. but who is to say the Dyno inst lying either. lol

sounds good mate, looking forward to seeing the chart.
yea i am aware that 200rwkw it out of the question with an N/A now. i would love to install F/I, definately not worth it though when the V8 option is sitting there.

in regards to extractors, what do you have to factor in when buying choosing them? length? brand?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
why do you keep saying 200rwkws is out of the question? look up phils ute mate. 247rwkws N/A.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
why do you keep saying 200rwkws is out of the question? look up phils ute mate. 247rwkws N/A.

sorry bud, i meant without major engine work.

whats his member name?

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
yea no worries ill post them up nextweek after it gets done. as far as the extractors they are used. the guy doing the tune sells off the shelf tunes on ebay. he used the extractors to develop a tune for the 170 but no longer needs them as his 170 is now twin turbo. he hasnt done any highly tuned 190s with his new software and this is why he wants to put the extractors on so that he can sell a tune for the 190 too so om getting a really good deal. he also does all holden v8s aswell.