Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Maccas90, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Jonesee

Jonesee New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Ute
    Mmmmm Hmmm.. And I should correct. The Auto was infact one of few GT-P's given the Cobra's 305kw Boss engines. I do appologise for that..

2. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    Theres a SIDI stock that ran 170rwkw on the LS1 forums with a respected dyno.

3. Jonesee

Jonesee New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Ute
    Yeah very much posible, but even with SIDI's 210FWKW could it jump 30 odd KW's at the rears? Maybe a happy dino unless there has been modifications in drive line between the 3.6l and the 3.0l SIDi engines... Hmmm

Obviously all cars are differnet and as are dyno's. I only know the dyno was accurate for this 3.6l SV6 as it pulled the same figures for my mate that he had gotten on seperate dyno's.. That is unless they were all out lol..

None the less 170rwkw is a very lovely figure from a stock V6, wouldn't it be nice to get that to 200 N/A... Mmmmm twin T/B's....

4. SV6SidiUTE

SV6SidiUTE Vroom?

Members Ride:
    MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
    i've had mine tested last and it came in at 167 RWKW after powerchip tune, stock it was 160 that's before the exhaust system. Now how much it is i don't know... and that is on the same dyno that churned out around 140 rwkw on a non-sidi model VE SV6 with an exhaust fitted and cai and the powerchip tune. So there is a significant difference between the two...

5. Jonesee

Jonesee New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Ute
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

6. KARTAL

KARTAL New Member

Members Ride:
    08 Commodore VE SV6
    i was thinking along the lines of getting more power out of my sv6, but who are we kidding, you want power you need an 8 or a turbo... no use trying to spend big $$ on a sv6. im on p plates aswell, sv6's are great on p plates, the only main thing im doing is changing the clutch. but i can see myself in a maloo in a few years :)

7. brokenikon

brokenikon New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
    True in a sense, but there's also another danger. After doing all that modification to my SV6, I had the option for a tasty Phantom SSV at a good price. When it came to the crunch, I couldn't part with the fn SV6, cause I started getting all sentimental about it, and how much time and money I've put into it to be "my" car. Gawd, I hope I get over that soon, cause I really want a V8 lol. But not at the expense of my baby! Don't start fiddling with it if you want to upgrade it for an 8 or a HSV.

8. SV6SidiUTE

SV6SidiUTE Vroom?

Members Ride:
    MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute

LOL ... you remind me of my mate... he put his car up for sale and when he was about to sell it he nearly broke out in tears.... still has the car...

Yeah.... can't knock an 8 :) Wouldn't mind one myself.

9. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    I'd love a V8, but not as a daily... and I don't need two cars... and honestly a done up SV6 is abit different to all the other V8's out there so I'm happy as with my SV6!! Achieves phenominal economy, looks and sounds great, not bad for a p plater or anyone really. All those wowsers saying "buy a V8, otherwise it's not worth it" - I say BAH. V8's are a money pit, more so than a V6, fuel, insurance, rego, tyres etc etc, no thanks happy with my 6.

10. wikky

wikky ............

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ
    Sounds to me like you've convinced yourself as to why you bought an SV6. That's all that matters.

11. bloodyricho

bloodyricho Bloody Richo

Members Ride:
    Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
    VE SV6 sux dick have a VR worked V6 eats the SV6 gave it to the missus 4 a daily driver. and p.s. ain't had a car with a sh#ter veiw since i sold an A9X with a duck tail and cage. Turn off the idiot proofing and it is as sh#t as

12. SV6SidiUTE

SV6SidiUTE Vroom?

Members Ride:
    MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
    LOL, you're a tool. "worked" vr.. wow.. i can find you a "worked" datsun that will **** all over your VR..... it's a bit of a stupid comparison isn't it. Oh and also i can tell you that lead will sink faster than plastic... where's the logic in comparing the two?

13. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    Not having a dig at V8's, I fkn love em, and will eventually get one when I'm abit older... I made the choice to get a V6 > V8 when I bought the car (had an exemption so could drive both) but the 6 had enough power considering my age, income and driving skills!! As I said, not bagging 8's, but nothing wrong with a 6. At least it's a Holden and not some import haha.

14. wikky

wikky ............

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ
    ^^^ Proof that eating lead paint as a child will have a dramatic effect on one's mental state as they grow older....... No offence though......

15. brokenikon

brokenikon New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
    +1 . Lmao, love it.

16. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    Anyone with a SV6 think it's worth getting my cats changed to 100cpsi? Stock they are 400cpsi. I have already fitted coated extractors, will it be louder? I'm thinking itd be pretty pointless as I can't imagine picking up more than 3 rwkw for $400 or so

17. Maccas90

Maccas90 We're only young once.

Members Ride:
    E3 Clubsport R8
    If anyone has read this whole thread, i started it. I was planning on working my 08 SV6. In the end i decided to upgrade to the V8 with the extra couple of thousand instead.

Best decision i ever made. It is amazing. Uses 1-2L of extras fuel per 100km. Cost me an extra $80 on my annual insurance.

I don't know what else to say lol. Not bagging out V6's though as everyone has their reasons to own them, i had mine as i was on my P's.

I would strongly recommend buying a V8 instead of buying a V6 and performance modding it. If u have a choice that is.

18. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    As would anyone with any level of common sense... Without going FI on a 6, there just is no point wasting money on "performance" mods.

19. KARTAL

KARTAL New Member

Members Ride:
    08 Commodore VE SV6
    like i said... sv6 is an awsome car.. especially on p plates ( i love mine .. lol) but if you want a fast car.. be patient until your off p plates and go 6L :) .. and you all no what its like having a nice car, cant seem to stop yourself from spending $$$ on it...

20. Jarp

Jarp Surely You Jest

Members Ride:
    VFII SSV A6 W375
    Ahh I've got no choice at the moment...spent on the SIDI and the wife not about to trade on a an 8 right now so mod the six I will. I reckon the diff change will be sweet and will tide me over for a couple more years until the SIDI 8 is released :)