Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
found a ve ss manual diff for sale have enquired about it as of yet not sure of the benefits of changing the diff ?

cheers

If your putting a V8 diff in a V6 dont forget to change the yoke as they are slightly different. Fuel consumption around town wont change but on long runs you'll use 0.5 to 1.0 litre more per 100k

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Thanks mate. I don't think i'd do any engine mods to it but who's to know, i'd prob change my mind after having it for a while (IF i get one that is lol).
I'm currently looking at a 2010 Wildfire SS Ute

With the V8, it's torquey out of the box - but so much untapped potential! Even with just basic mods, like OTR, full exhaust with cats and a tune, you're basically driving a different car. It's amazing the difference it makes, just letting it breathe properly, in both performance and sound! Definitely worth doing!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
With the V8, it's torquey out of the box - but so much untapped potential! Even with just basic mods, like OTR, full exhaust with cats and a tune, you're basically driving a different car. It's amazing the difference it makes, just letting it breathe properly, in both performance and sound! Definitely worth doing!

Don't do this to me mate! haha. i was hoping if i got a V8 i wouldnt want more power. i would definitely get a cat back exhaust though. as soon as i changed the exhaust on my current SV6 it increased performance. i take it you have modded your SS?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Don't do this to me mate! haha. i was hoping if i got a V8 i wouldnt want more power. i would definitely get a cat back exhaust though. as soon as i changed the exhaust on my current SV6 it increased performance. i take it you have modded your SS?

Actually, I haven't yet. But I've driven enough modded commodores to know its worth it and to have built up a detailed shopping list. In the middle of some ongoing warranty work at the moment which has pushed everything back.

You don't need to go all out to get some pretty serious numbers (but you can also spend the earth of you want to). There are literally hundreds of options in varying degrees of fast for the SS. But trust me.. You'll want to open it up a bit!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Actually, I haven't yet. But I've driven enough modded commodores to know its worth it and to have built up a detailed shopping list. In the middle of some ongoing warranty work at the moment which has pushed everything back.

You don't need to go all out to get some pretty serious numbers (but you can also spend the earth of you want to). There are literally hundreds of options in varying degrees of fast for the SS. But trust me.. You'll want to open it up a bit!

oh really, that's sucks man. i was going through all that with the SV6 which has helped me decide to sell it lol.

since you have been looking at all the V8 stuff on the site. what exhaust have you decided to go with?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I'm lucky in that I live right in the middle of three of the best performance workshops in Sydney but I'm looking at getting a CHE dual 3 inch. I've heard a few of them and they are sensational.

oh right i've never heard of CHE. i put an xforce on my sv6, it is actually really good. i was looking at the xforce's on youtube with the 2.5" and 3", not sure how they go on a V8.

exciting news though, i confirmed the sale of my SV6 today and put a deposit on the SS!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
If your putting a V8 diff in a V6 dont forget to change the yoke as they are slightly different. Fuel consumption around town wont change but on long runs you'll use 0.5 to 1.0 litre more per 100k

interesting i must of got lucky as i didn't have to.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
oh right i've never heard of CHE. i put an xforce on my sv6, it is actually really good. i was looking at the xforce's on youtube with the 2.5" and 3", not sure how they go on a V8.

exciting news though, i confirmed the sale of my SV6 today and put a deposit on the SS!

good decision mate you wont regret it.

i've gone from not wanting a v8 getting an sv6 to buying a VY ss UTE for run about and a VZ senator for weekend car.