Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 kmh trip to qld

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
are you going up coast or outback? fill up when fuels cheap, sleep when you need to, have lotsa spare cash, have phone numbers handy, carry some tools, spare globes, fuses, etc, have fun, i'll be doing the same thing when i get the cash, but from newborough to bundy. i never had pleasure of dvd's, ps2's when my family did it way too many times. most of the time we only had tapedeck radio.

R

rattattack1313

Give me a buzz when this is happening mate...... you can crash here for a night if you want...we have a spare rooom...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

also..there may be other members prepared to have visitors.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
i drove out to longreach/mount isa from NSW south coast at begining of the year! i went threw most inland and came back down the coast. Stopped at mates places where i could.... my advice take it easy enjoy wot u lookin at!
make sure ur car is all good, and ring back home to family etc to check in every few days incase u do get stuck.

also i bought a UHF, handy for talkin/hearing bout anything, truckies usually know wots going on, if ur stuck to maybe call for help.

also i had a cdma phone, it seemed to work just bout all the places i went and along most of the hwys too.

have fun!

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Routing?

www.travelmate.com.au has a button marked "Mapmaker". I believe that some of the motoring organisations also have them.

For Lakes Entrance to Hervey Bay, Mapmaker sends you through Cann River, Canberra, Sydney and up the old Pacific/Bruce Highways. Total distance 1,917 Km.

It could depend on whether you just want to get there, or have a bit of a holiday along the way. The stress factor could also be significant. From Melbourne, there is no doubt that the inland route based on the Newell Highway is the most stress free, and probably the fastest as well. But it is not very interesting.

I like to see as much as I can, so I would seriously consider going different ways up and back.

The time of travel can make a big difference as well. I have managed to get hold of a document that details traffic volumes at key points (read bottlenecks) on the Pacific Highway effectively by date and time of day. I use that to plan my trips north, and miss all the hassles. Last trip from Penrith to the Sunshine Coast averaged 88 Kph without ever breaking the speed limit.

I would avoid the coast roads during holiday periods. Otherwise, take your pick.

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Lakes Entrance VIC Mmm
I agree, the UHF CB - 40 is generally the road channel, but for some perverse reason they keep telling me 29 is used on the NSW Pacific Highway between Newcastle and the QLD border. I've kept using 40 and have not had problems.

Ensure the aerial is installed peroperly.

And see Mitsubishi spare parts (or my sig) for a $19 hazard warning triangle.

Beware fixed, and a couple of 'point to point' cameras on that road now testing.