Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$2000 off the new ZB

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Got an email from Holden (they send me all the latest info.) offering $2000 discount with a unique code to take to my Holden Dealer off the new ZB....Up to 6 months to use....I guess this a free add for them for me to drive and purchase a ZB and drive around town....or they a going to have trouble selling them....I think so!
Also 7 Year warranty...but after the first 3 years ( free ) you pay dearly for the next 4 years on info. as supplied.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
My local dealer doesn't seem too keen to sell them. I went in for another look last week when walking past and was there for about 5 mins looking at a few ZBs. No salesman approached me.

Oh, and they still look terrible, so my second look at them was no better than the first :D

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Commodore used to be worth talking about, bar none the greatest affordable high powered rear drive car on the planet.

Watching the tragic US news these days, I keep spotting LWB Commodore cop cars in the background. So the Yanks stole our car and gave us this other thing.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Watching the tragic US news these days, I keep spotting LWB Commodore cop cars in the background. So the Yanks stole our car and gave us this other thing.

Yanks didn't steel anything. The LWB cop cars were built in Adelaide specifically for them. They are not being built in the US.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

It was a great concept that was brilliantly executed by Holden for the US market but was rejected by the majority of the US police departments because they have a "US built" only policy for police fleet vehicles.

GM killed the Commodore/Holden because the US won't accept a V8 rear wheel drive sedan into the US market that isn't built in the US even though it was/is better than anything produced in the US at that time. The Chevy SS was well liked by the small market that actually tested and bought the car as well as the motoring journo's, just imagine what would have happened if Chevy actually pushed the Chevy SS in the US market like they do with the US built cars. It's not to far fetched to think that Commodore production could have doubled but instead it got **** canned.....

I love some of the **** you can get in the US but those yanks are dumb **** mother ******* sometimes....

Basically GM did a Trump before Trump was elected and started this trade war, lets just hope it doesn't also end with a shooting war.....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Got an email from Holden (they send me all the latest info.) offering $2000 discount with a unique code to take to my Holden Dealer off the new ZB....Up to 6 months to use....I guess this a free add for them for me to drive and purchase a ZB and drive around town....or they a going to have trouble selling them....I think so!
Also 7 Year warranty...but after the first 3 years ( free ) you pay dearly for the next 4 years on info. as supplied.

With the new model being on sale for less than 8 weeks it's a real concern for GM if it's discounted already! March VFacts will be interesting reading indeed.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
It was a great concept that was brilliantly executed by Holden for the US market but was rejected by the majority of the US police departments because they have a "US built" only policy for police fleet vehicles.

GM killed the Commodore/Holden because the US won't accept a V8 rear wheel drive sedan into the US market that isn't built in the US even though it was/is better than anything produced in the US at that time. The Chevy SS was well liked by the small market that actually tested and bought the car as well as the motoring journo's, just imagine what would have happened if Chevy actually pushed the Chevy SS in the US market like they do with the US built cars. It's not to far fetched to think that Commodore production could have doubled but instead it got **** canned.....

I love some of the **** you can get in the US but those yanks are dumb **** mother ******* sometimes....

Basically GM did a Trump before Trump was elected and started this trade war, lets just hope it doesn't also end with a shooting war.....

The US reviews on the Chevy SS have all basically said the same thing. The SS was too plain/euro looking compared to the muscle cars the yanks are used to and love like mustangs, camaros and chargers etc. They like that old school look. The SS looks like a Malibu to them.
Plus they were priced in the vicinity of the cars the yanks already liked so why buy an unknown car was the attitude

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
GM put this nose on the ZB.
20180309_102311.png

It won't look like a less attractive version of the Mazda, it will look like a less attractive version of a GM car.