Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 Vt vx throttle body

are bigger throttle body’s worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Hi there on the the following thread iv attached a image of a throttle body iv brought recently, and just wondering if anyone would have any idea how to go about fitting it to a vt v6 and what are the perks of going to a bigger throttle body? Cheers in advance Anthony

Attachments

• 23827707-8D76-4A5D-9D52-2C0044DEB4E1.jpeg
    23827707-8D76-4A5D-9D52-2C0044DEB4E1.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 175

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Will need a tune to suit otherwise your auto trans will play up (slip etc) the benefits of a bigger throttle body are a couple more kw’s and better throttle response, probably not worth it if everything else is stock still

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Like other Ecotec mods they don't do a lot by themselves but add up a bit.
Maybe save it for doing with any other mods and then the tune will be better value.

You bought it without checking first ?
Threads here on all sorts.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Will need a tune to suit otherwise your auto trans will play up (slip etc) the benefits of a bigger throttle body are a couple more kw’s and better throttle response, probably not worth it if everything else is stock still

At this point everything is still stock but the air intake,iv also had a chip put in the ecu, and the rear muffler deleted I kinda guess that was going to be the case. So best to leave it off for the time being?

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Like other Ecotec mods they don't do a lot by themselves but add up a bit.
Maybe save it for doing with any other mods and then the tune will be better value.

You bought it without checking first ?
Threads here on all sorts.

What other mods are would be the way to go? I know people say there only a 6 and there not worth it but each to there own I think there a simple easy engin to work with.

Nah we’ll the guy I brought it off said it was a universal one and I just kinda took a gamble with it but I don’t see a place for any of the sensors to got on it so kinda got me stumped.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's not gonna fit without modification. Larger or bored out tb will improve throttle response. A worthwhile mod but as mentioned needs to be done with a tune to sort shift points.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
That's not gonna fit without modification. Larger or bored out tb will improve throttle response. A worthwhile mod but as mentioned needs to be done with a tune to sort shift points.

So it’s worth to do but it, But I should hold off until I do the rest of the work to the motor and trans So a tune would be worth it? Is it easy to install a shift kit into a trans?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
They don't take an Iac to control idle is an issue and take a Nissan or Ford tps just keep the stock one its to much stuffing around for no gain

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If u do want to fit a larger throttle body then don’t waste your time with that one mate as you said it doesn’t have any provisions for the throttle position sensor or the idle control valve, mace engineering sell a bored out 69 mm throttle body to suit which is a bored out stock unit with a larger butterfly in it, I fitted one to my old ecotec which had extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust, high ratio rockers and tune

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
If u do want to fit a larger throttle body then don’t waste your time with that one mate as you said it doesn’t have any provisions for the throttle position sensor or the idle control valve, mace engineering sell a bored out 69 mm throttle body to suit which is a bored out stock unit with a larger butterfly in it, I fitted one to my old ecotec which had extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust, high ratio rockers and tune

I would like to go bigger throttle body, yeah iv seen the one that mace sell I was debating whether it was worth going a bigger or not? What else is recommended when upgrading throttle body mind you I’d like to try and keep it as street legal as possible,iv been looking at hi flow extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust, as well as higher ration rockers would eventually like to supercharge at some point, do you need to upgrade your injectors when changing throttle body?