Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2001 VX Mods (non performance)

nighteyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
It's about time i got my first car and i want a commodore as all good boys should.. and i wanted to know what to do and what to get to make a 2001 VX Acclaim, look like a clubsport... inside and outside.

Basically i want to know what it would cost to buy a
Clubsport Body Kit
Clubsport Lights
Clubsport Leather Interior (seats, front and back)
Clubsport Leather Steering Wheel
Lower the car a touch to make it ride well

I cant have any performance upgrades simply because of Victorian Road Law says i cant have anything more than a 100kw per tonne... bad luck to me...

Thanks for any input....

Alex

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Hey mate thats gona be quiet a bill youl have at the end :p

This is extremely rough estimtaes from prices ive seen when i was looking for my own car and most prices are ebay prices.
Ive seen a few companies make non genuisnkits for the commo and from memory they can go from anywhere from 600 to bout 1200.
Genuine Holden Parts - Holden Commodore VR,VS,VT,VX,VY,VZ,Monaro,Statesman,Utes,HSV NVU stock in large range of genuise holden parts so have a look at that theres some good stuff on there but maybe little higher price but gota remember its genuine.
Cant say much on lights really im guessing somewhere between 150 to 400 bucks im sure someone will correct me on anything here.
Havent actually seen any clubby leathers for sale so cant say, same for wheel though ive seen a real nice momo version of it for 300.
I would recomend if you want your car to look good unlike most other comos with club kits and what not, to change the rear garnish to the hsv one.
I picked one up from ebay for 170 bucks which included the clear rear indicators aswell
Remember what ive said is very rough and surely someone will be more precise but ive seen no one write yet so thought id give you my estimatres.
Anyway best of luck with it and make sure to post some pics too ;)

nighteyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
yeh sweet, well i plan on flapping 10k max on the car, and about 4k on the setup :), but im quite certain that the leathers, kit, rims, and all that jazz will only get up to 3k if not less hopefully, thanks for the info..:)

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
hey man i hope for your sAKE your right.
But think about it rims are gona be atleats 600 for used ones and i think they go between 899-1500 for new ones.
The seats are gona be pretty hefty too but maybe you might find something.
Like i said hopefully you can get as cheapas you say.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
I've got a VX acclaim myself, but i think the interior in them looks pretty good before you modify it, you could get your hands on a pretty sweet bodykit thats not a clubsport one for about the same $$, and then its YOUR commodore, everyone wants to make their non clubsport commy look like one.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
how long till u get your open licence? you will kick yourself spending all this money on a car only to want a proper clubby later on down the track... my opinion your better off buying something cheap untill your allowed to drive a clubby or whatever you want at the time, but hey its up to you i spose

nighteyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
hmm.. i wanted to buy a VK and work on that for a few good years, and by the time i have the money for power mods, id have been off my p's.... and i meant VT S kit sorry, was looking at VT's and VX's and got confudled hehe..

well i think i may just buy myself a **** box for 3 years then off my p's buy myself a clubby

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
sounds the way to go... save your cash for a nice car for when your off your p's i used to get hassled quite a bit with the caprice when i was on my p's