Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2001 VX V6 commodore was stalling.

Mr-Reaper666

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
I've got a 2001 V6 VX commodore and recently I had my battery replaced. A day or two after I started to have stalling problems. After getting home, I noticed they guy hadn't tighten one of the bolts on the battery. The positive was super hot and that's when I saw one of the leads on the battery was shorting out which was making the car run bad. Just thought I would let you guys know before going out and spending money.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I had the hot battery lead issue a couple of years ago.
I have had a battery clamp that continuously gave me problems, every other time I checked it, found white powdery oxidation on it, so I poured hot water on it and retightened it, but the same issue soon after. I eventually changed the clamp with a new end and used some battery contact grease.

Justacommygirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vx acclaim
I've got a 2001 V6 VX commodore and recently I had my battery replaced. A day or two after I started to have stalling problems. After getting home, I noticed they guy hadn't tighten one of the bolts on the battery. The positive was super hot and that's when I saw one of the leads on the battery was shorting out which was making the car run bad. Just thought I would let you guys know before going out and spending money.

Did you have intermittent stalling? I'm having the same issue. Bought a 2001 vx V6 commodore and have had the crank angle sensor changed I still have the stalling but now I
can steer. As in before the cas was changed when she stalled I'd have no power steering what so ever. I'm abit stumped