Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 cv8 Monaro cel issues

dylan720

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp cxommordore
Hi all as from my other post I had to replace my gearbox it's all done now but I'm having a issue I have a check engine light on and when I try and clear it it goes off for a couple of seconds and the oil light comes on and it beeps a couple of times then goes off again and the engine light comes back on and when in any year has a vibration throughout the car even when not moving with my foot in the break any help would be great thanks.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to get your car scanned with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool to display any error codes that have been logged, which (hopefully) will lead you to a solution.

dylan720

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp cxommordore
Ok so I had it checked today it turned out to be the oil pressure sensor open circuit so I replaced the sensor the engine had gone off and car seemed to runbok again then I took for longer drive 15 20km drive and the Speedo was all over the place like it jump from 40 to 60 then back to 40 and was rubning crappy again and engine light came on so I stopped at a friend's for about 2 hours then when I started it again the engine light was off and it seemed to run good again not sure if the computer reset itself or what.