Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 Monaro V2 CV8

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
My new ride! Had it almost two weeks now.

2002 Phantom Mica Black CV8 Manual. I've made no modifications to it since I picked it up, but have some in the works.

My Monaro no plate.JPG
This is the picture from the Dealer's website.

IMG_0186.jpg
This is the car sitting in my garage after a sponge bath with a micro-fibre cloth

I did over 1000ks on the first weekend I had it, took it down south and back.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
looks nice mate black ones always look great.
give us a list of mods! any done to the car previosuly?
details! and more pics!

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing serious yet done to the car;

Fixed some interior problems, things just not fitted right.

Replaced the stock filter with a K&N, Supercheap was having a special and picked one up at eBay prices. :) Already noticed better pickup.

Changed the front indicators to silver-look because the plain amber just makes it look poo-poo.
I've removed the mudflaps, sick of them scraping on everything.

Bought a new stereo, Clarion WXZ468RMP Double DIN 6 Disc CD Player Changer, just waiting on the dealer to provide the missing Eurovox 10 disc changer cassette and I'm swapping it out.

There's a hole in one of the mufflers, dealer is going to replace it when the changer cassette comes in. While the burble it produces is kinda cool, I'd rather get back the lost performance.

I'll be looking at a custom/el-cheapo CAI setup based around the two hole technique. I'll post how it turns out.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
u might aswell just get a twin2.5" catback instead of replacing the std. one, ur car wil love u for it and itd sound alot better :thumbsup:

and the cai, u can buy an otr which will give u some awseome gains and get it mafless tuned.. just a couple ideas :)
and u cant go wrong with the hsv 4piston f+r brake packages, looks pure sexx

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
nice ride mate, i was looking at monaro but i bought a vx clubby week ago instead, loooooooove the black...

ALEX GROVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VZ Holden Monaro V2
2002 Monaro V2 CV8 RED

hey guys,
Im year 10 and have a red Monaro 6 speed manual, i have just purchased a twim 2.5 inch exhaust that ill get fitted soon, it is suppose to give me 12 rear wheel kw. i mainly did it for the sound and fuel economy. i am looking at getting a ramjet over the radiator air scoop. because mine isnot the american version i dont have the fuel cell in the boot, so i have the full sized bucked back seats and the big boot, but this means that it only has the 50 litre tank, which isnt to bad, as i get 410km out of my tank, even when you spill the beans a few times.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, that's right... just hijack my ride thread.

anyway, car is in for it's 6 monthly service to uphold the dealer 12 month warranty. $1,150 it's gonna cost me!!!!!
Power steering fluid is "oxydising", which sounds like bogus junk but I do know it's low and probably needs the flush anyway. Brake fluid apparently is "dirty" and also needs flushing... yeah.. whatever makes you happy, maybe it will stop the mild shudder. Bottom radiator hose is leaking, not that I've noticed and I'm observant... and apparently it's got the wrong coolant in it, green rather than red. I trust these guys, they're the local HSV dealership/workshop and I know that there are pretty important chemical differences between coolants. I wasn't aware LS1's used Red coolant though, otherwise I would have requested the Toyota Dealership I bought it from fix that... you know why? Because Toyota's use RED COOLANT! I know, I sold it when I worked for them!

Sway bar bushes are also cracked (not surprising) but they're covered by the warranty. Only effing things that are...

They recommended injector service, throttle body service and idle timing configuration, all of which I declined as they're not necessary. They also agreed there's noise from one of the gearbox bearings or input shaft bearing and recommended removing the gearbox to perform a proper inspection... as I'm already paying $1,150 for their handywork I declined that too.

Oh and there is rattling coming from inside the catalytic converters, so they'll need replacing too... as well as the exhaust hangers and the exhaust in general because it is "very average condition"... Well I can't afford a new exhaust now because of all the other crap they've found that's more important.

ho hum, another money pit. At least I'm happy to spend the money on this one because it's still worth 20 times the cost of repairs. My last ride (VT) got to the stage where the value of the car was 2 times the cost of repairs.... :S

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
lol, my old vt quickly became less than the cost of repairs needed, so it had to go,
at least you have something you are happy to spend money on mate, othewrwise whats the point

car looks sweet by the way i always wanted a naro

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
why dont you do some of them things your self changing bottem hose, flushing coolent, flushing p/s fluid they are pretty easy things mate you would be able to find DIY threads on here. you would save your self hundreds if yopu done them your self. don't worry about the muffler or the cats just save up and get a full system. as long as you can put up with the rattle for a little while. a x force2 1/2" cat back system would be around $550 and extractors are between $500-$1000 depending on what you want