Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 Monaro V2 CV8

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
I should have simply told the dealership to stick to the standard service and that's it. It's all that's required to uphold the "Harrison-National" warranty/mechanical protection plan that came with the car.

Ended up costing me $1,050 for all their "handy" work... and they broke the glovebox and failed to pressure test the system after fitting the new hose. If they had they would have identified the leak coming from the water pump that I discovered the next morning at the Dyno day... NOT HAPPY. Good news though, 304HP (224 RWKW). Also the waterpump is covered by that stupid warranty so I'll get them to replace it and any cost over the $500 limit per claim they can cover because of their incompetence.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the dealer fixed the glovebox free of charge (and so they should) and the water pump is almost completely cactus so that's being replaced under the used car warranty purchased at time of sale. I honestly didn't think I would get the value of that back, but I was wrong. The top hose has probably got 10-15k kms left on it so they've recommended changing that, and so out of pocket when I pick up the car tomorrow will be another $125.

Ahuh, not much, but still, I was made redundant on Monday and haven't received my severance package yet. :( Food is optional... I guess.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
Well the dealer fixed the glovebox free of charge (and so they should) and the water pump is almost completely cactus so that's being replaced under the used car warranty purchased at time of sale. I honestly didn't think I would get the value of that back, but I was wrong. The top hose has probably got 10-15k kms left on it so they've recommended changing that, and so out of pocket when I pick up the car tomorrow will be another $125.

Ahuh, not much, but still, I was made redundant on Monday and haven't received my severance package yet. :( Food is optional... I guess.

good to see you got some stuff sorted mate..
comeover ill shout u some maccas lol :p

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
thats always the way with second hand cars hey... dealers are good at doing patch jobs that stuff up as soon as you drive it out of the car yard!

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got the redundancy package. $2,250 to our friends at Kwinana Performance to fit a new clutch kit (Xtreme Street inc flywheel and ARP bolts) clutch master cylinder and input shaft bearing (spigot bearing). That completely fixed any problems with the gearbox/clutch. No noise, clunking or grinding anymore. Works a treat! Very happy with their work and 100% recommend them.

Hopefully I'll get a job again soon and will once again afford to fill up the tank. :) Currently my little Subaru Sherpa is getting me everywhere, at literally half the cost/fuel usage. That little car has to be the best purchase I've ever made, and it has already paid for itself in fuel savings.

I've got a new stereo for the Monaro. It's from a Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear van. It's a Cassette/CD Controller/LCD TV system. Just gotta get a wiring plug sorted for it and it should be cool!

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update 2011!

Wow, it really has been so long since I've had time to update.

So yeah, got a new job, I'm now in the Air Force. :boxing:
Not much has changed about the car, besides some little gutless snot keying it on Australia day, all down the right side and over the boot, $3,500 damage, but only $500 insurance excess. It's now looking shinier than ever. I have only driven it once since January as I'm on the other side of the country. :(
Tax return is going to be spent on getting the exhaust bodgied up so it isn't rattling or hanging low anymore. Also looking at getting a decent oil catch can, been reading about them and they sound helpful. I have noticed residue buildup in the TB.
Next step, most likely tri-ys and then a cam.

New piccies
car2.jpg
car_017.jpg

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update... 10 years on!
Still have the car. Oh boy, has it not aged well.
Two front end collisions when living in Adelaide, so new headlights and several paint jobs.
Paint is otherwise crap and clear coat peeling in places.
Roof lining is sagging.
Boot leaks water.
Rubber trims are either showing their age, cracked or missing.
Driver seat foam has collapsed and "leather" is torn.
Engine has been completely resealed, with a cam and tune which isn't working right.
Another new clutch, discovering the last one fitted only used the Xtreme pressure plate, not the clutch plate (guess how I know? yeah because I replaced it with exactly the same and they were NOT a match).
Cube short shifter also fitted.
Diff replaced as bearings had gone, so upgraded to 3:72s instead.
Rear adjustable toe and camber kit so it puts all the now 360hp down super well.

Plans?
Make it respectable and possibly sell it, get a house deposit and an Audi A5 coupe. I've lost the love for it as the nearly $10k I've spent on the engine and tune has resulted in a cursed car...

Oh, and it now has custom plates... "CUR530" (CURSED).

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Have a think before you decide to sell it, prices seem to be going up. My VZ has just passed 190.000 km and is needing work. Noisy lifters on start,suspension bangs and knocks, oil leaks etc. Considering I paid $18,500 for it 5 years ago and still love driving it, it's definitely worth me spending the money to fix it and keep it. Check out Monaro prices and decide.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Update... 10 years on!
Still have the car. Oh boy, has it not aged well.
Two front end collisions when living in Adelaide, so new headlights and several paint jobs.
Paint is otherwise crap and clear coat peeling in places.
Roof lining is sagging.
Boot leaks water.
Rubber trims are either showing their age, cracked or missing.
Driver seat foam has collapsed and "leather" is torn.
Engine has been completely resealed, with a cam and tune which isn't working right.
Another new clutch, discovering the last one fitted only used the Xtreme pressure plate, not the clutch plate (guess how I know? yeah because I replaced it with exactly the same and they were NOT a match).
Cube short shifter also fitted.
Diff replaced as bearings had gone, so upgraded to 3:72s instead.
Rear adjustable toe and camber kit so it puts all the now 360hp down super well.

Plans?
Make it respectable and possibly sell it, get a house deposit and an Audi A5 coupe. I've lost the love for it as the nearly $10k I've spent on the engine and tune has resulted in a cursed car...

Oh, and it now has custom plates... "CUR530" (CURSED).
Keep it!
Change your mechanic or engine builder & tuner, or all three.