Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 S2 VX S done 300,000kms

rhivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Raven VT Acclaim
Hey, looking at a 2002 s2 vx s pac that has done 300,000 kms just need some advice;
Anyone had one or known or someone with so many kms?
Is it worth buying?
What would you expect to pay?

I've been offered it at $6,500

It has some cosmetic issues according to the owner its been regularly serviced and runs like a dream never skipping a beat

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks!

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i would tend to stay away from anything that has that high amont of km's as your going to run into problem after problem

rhivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Raven VT Acclaim
Thanks for the fast reply, I haven been suggested against it a few times now so I think I'll agree with that thanks again

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i wouldn't touch it.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I woudlnt go near it, for that price and if it has cosmetic damage its not worth it.

In saying that our VT Has nearly 265'000 kms on it, the only problem we've had in the 100,000km's is it got a pin size hole in the heater hose and needed to be replaced, but apart from that, its serviced every 10,000 and is given petrol, doesnt miss a beat.

I would tend to lean towards it still being a great reliable car, but things will start to wear at this point so its going to need money spent on suspension etc, and its just to costly for that car, with such high K's and damage.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
iv got a superchargered vt, thats gona tick over to 300thousand tomorrow on my way to work baha

but it got cained for years, still going strong for me doesnt burn oil at all ect

if its been looked after its probs worth it..

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
still a big price with the k's on it i think. if u want it an can get it alot less then might be worth it. but if ur lookn at spending 6500 on 1 then there is heaps around with lower k's for that

rhivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Raven VT Acclaim
Thanks again, I'm looking to spend about 8k being rather fussy i want a vt/vx berlina/calais or s pac in black or blue.. would like a manual but dont like my chances any know anyone selling? I've scoured car sales, this forum, ebay, drive everything in Vic