Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] 2002 Series 1 V2 CV8 Monaro 6spd Manual

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
ITEM: 2002 Series 1 V2 CV8 Monaro, 6spd Manual.

PRICE: $33,500 for a Forum Member (advertised $35k elsewhere)

YEAR: 2002 (I think August build)

SERIES: V2 Series 1

BADGE: CV8

ENGINE: LS1 5.7L

TRANSMISSION: T56 Tremec 6Spd

COLOUR: Phantom Black Mica

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Fair to Good

INTERIOR CONDITION: Tired to Fair (it's a 20 year old Commodore built in Elizabeth and looks like it)

WHEELS: Hussla Spyder 18"

TYRE CONDITION: 60% Front and Rear

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: don't know off the top of my head but will update

ODOMETER: 240843

SERVICE HISTORY: Limited

REGO OF CAR: WA - "CUR530"

REGO TILL: 17 Nov 2021, will have 3 months added if not sold before

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: N/A

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Can meet somewhere, happy for pickup or deliver.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Prefer Bank Cheque or Direct Deposit. Cash as long as you can prove origin (bank receipt)

CONTACT DETAILS: Email, PM

OTHER INFO: Listed on a the usual car sites with full details. General gist of it is, I've had the car for 12 years. 1 year ago I had the engine fully resealed, and at the same time had a cam and tune done. Howards Cam Kit 226/236 @.050 with lifters, pushrods, valve springs, double row timing chain and gears. Tuned to 360hp, 450nm at the wheels. It needs a tune tweak to adjust the Throttle Cracker setting, until then the IAC valve is unplugged to stop rev runaway when using the aircon. It has a 3.72:1 LSD, replacing the stock 3.46:1 LSD. XTreme Street clutch and lighter flywheel (may not be in great condition due to the aforementioned rev runaway issue I encountered). Genie tri-y headers, 200cpi2.5" cats, 3" full stainless dual catback with center hotdogs and read resonators. Sounds mean, and it's loud.

It has pretty much sat for the last year due to the problems since the cam install. It surges and sputters and when it was the worst even backfiring (that seems to have stopped now after changing a few parts). Yes, I have taken it back to the engine building multiple times and he hasn't been able to fix it and I'm sick of the waiting just for him to not seem to have a clue, but still charge me for something else. He's not convinced he (or his apprentice who did the build) messed anything up. I really hope he hasn't and it's just coincidence. I've tried many things but I'm at the end of my rope and have moved onto Mercedes instead. The clearcoat is peeling in some places, the paint is faded and slightly scratched in others. Some very minor surface rust too. The interior needs work, roof lining sagging, driver seat leather worn and torn as well as the foam bolsters worn out. This car is a hefty chunk of a house deposit for me, and if I hadn't been heartbroken of the last 12 months I wouldn't be selling it. I have long suffered to keep this car for as long as I have. To me it has been a cursed object, thus the rego CUR530 (CURSED).

Dream car, no? Good for someone who wants an investment, project or donor vehicle. The panels are good, and given Holden doesn't exist anymore it may be difficult to find spares. It would kill me to know this car was parted out, so don't tell me if that's your plan.

PICTURES: ...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 9.jpg