Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] 2002 SII VX Exec Wagon (white) - Getrag conversion - $3000

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I'm planning on buying a car in the next couple of weeks, and just trying to see if there is any definite interest in buying my wagon before I commit to a trade-in. I'll want the car gone as soon as possible, so if nobody has placed a deposit on this car by the time I have my new one, I'll be trading in.

ITEM: VX Series 2 Executive Station Wagon V6

PRICE: $3000 negotiable

YEAR: April 2002

SERIES: VX Series 2

BADGE: Example: Executive

ENGINE:
Standard Ecotec V6

TRANSMISSION:
Getrag 5 speed manual conversion with single-mass flywheel and short throw gear shifter.

COLOUR:
White

EXTERIOR CONDITION:
Mostly good. Old Energy Australia imprints still visible on front doors. Minor panel damage to both sides, rear, and front driver's side wheel arch. Small spots of rust in some places

INTERIOR CONDITION: Pretty good - a bit sun-faded in places, but overall about what you'd expect a 14-year-old car to look like.

WHEELS: 18x8. Unknown brand. Gutter rash on all four corners (don't ask), and some 'crazing' visible.

TYRE CONDITION: Front 60%. Rear 20% (tyres have never been rotated as I prefer to keep the fronts in better condition)

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: Kumho Ecsta KU31 235/40 Z R18 95Y XL

ODOMETER: 309669 (will go up as this is still my daily driver for now)

SERVICE HISTORY: I've serviced it myself since 2010 or so. It's possible I have the service history prior to that but the dealer was doing a terrible job anyway.

REGO OF CAR: NSW

REGO TILL: December 4, 2016

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: Not included in price

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick-up only from Central Coast

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD, Direct Deposit

CONTACT DETAILS: PM

OTHER INFO: Car has been very reliable but it's well and truly time to move on. Mechanically good. Odometer reads about 20,000k too high due to having the instrument cluster replaced after doing the manual conversion.

Towbar fitted.

Recent work includes:
Feb 2016: Oil, oil filter, air filter all changed. Oil is Nulon 10w/40 full synthetic.

March 2016: Plenum and throttle body cleaned, upper inlet manifold and TB gaskets replaced. Heater Tap replaced. New windscreen wipers. New ignition leads. New +120 Phillips headlight globes (fitted to aftermarket projector headlights).

KYB rear shocks done in 2012. Valley gaskets, rocker cover gaskets, tie-rod ends, swaybar links and steering rack done in 2012.
Has a Redback 2.5" cat-back exhaust with twin outlet from the rear muffler. Stock exhaust is available to go with the car

Stereo: Pioneer DEH-6450BT. Jaycar Kevlar 6.5" 2-way drivers in front. Some Pioneer 6" splits in the rear (unsure what model). 10" BOSS sub in an MDF ported enclosure. Sub and front speakers running off 4x130w Jaycar amp purchased around 2004.

I'll be fitting red Police SS dials (the ones with the 2km graduations) this week when it arrives - the blue one that is in there at the moment is hard to read in glare. I'll also be installing LED replacement instrument cluster globes.

I'm happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

PICTURES: Visible at Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet