Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 vu ute

Cairnscocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Hey guys hoping someone can shed some light. Have a vu eco auto, had a rattle what I thought was ac compressor, so changed. Long story short it has new ac compressor, power steer pump, water pump, harmonic balancer and the 3 belt bearings. Had a mechanic look at it and said it was a balance shaft and motor needed to be rebuilt. My question is should it still have all its power if that has gone..cheers in advance

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
A few blokes here have taken the gear off the shart and driven for a few more years if you don't like spending money

Cairnscocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Ok thanks, mechanic told me it needs a rebuild, not that I don’t want to spend money I’ve just spend a grand on parts for it and just bought another car, but can’t sell it like it is. So just trying to find out if it is that issue

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Can u share a vid might help pin point the issue more, do you know were the noise coming from, top bottom left or right, it maybe the oil pump or chain tensioner.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Can u share a vid might help pin point the issue more, do you know were the noise coming from, top bottom left or right, it maybe the oil pump or chain tensioner.
TLH read the 1st post @Had a mechanic look at it and said it was a balance shaft..... would that not be a big clue :) Hehe
Imagine he wanted an oil pressure reading checked by getting a compression test:D:eek::D
Might have to send him over to VC's residence:D:eek::D

Cairnscocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Hey guys, follow up on my post. Ute sat for a few months before I got around to taking the gear off the balance shaft. Rattle is still there. Question is if the bottom end is on its way out wold it still have all the power or would it be loosing power. Also when the a/c goes on the motor rattles it’s arse off.