Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 VX2 cruise control wiring loom

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
Having recently acquired my first Commodore, a 2002 VX2 Executive without cruise control, I must admit to being a little confused after reading some of the posts regarding just what is needed to fit a cruise control onto this particular model Commodore.

Some state the VX Series 2 was fitted with the cruise control wiring loom irrespective of whether the vehicle was fitted with cruise control or not. I'm not sure if this is correct as, making allowances for me being a complete novice regarding Commodores, I cannot find a cruise control wiring loom and/or connector plug on my vehicle anywhere in the vicinity of where a cruise control unit would normally be located on the RHS of the engine bay.

Also is there a difference between the wiring loom fitted to Series 1 as distinct from the loom fitted to a Series 2?

I ask this question as a cruise control wiring loom is being offered for sale on Ebay and is listed as being suitable for all Commodores from ranging from a 1995 VS to VX Series 1 inclusive.

I'd really appreciate if any forum members could provide me with definitive answers to these questions - and maybe if any one does have a VX2 cruise control wiring loom for sale, then please let me know (I have most of the rest of the bits and pieces required).

Thanks

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I also heard that the wiring loom was present in all VX II's but haven't been able to find it myself. Maybe take the steering shroud off and see if the plug is there for the cruise control buttons. If that plug is there maybe the other one gets hidden in behind the wiring channel or something. I'd also love to put cruise in my Executive as having just moved to Bunbury the only time I'll really be driving it over my work car is on the cruise to Perth.

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
The VR Indicator stalks were used right up until VX S1, only when VXII came out did they have the new design, I assume with that new design came the new loom.

I have a VT which I installed VXII stalks in, I had to rewire in the new VXII looms also.

Answers one of your questions :)

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
The VR Indicator stalks were used right up until VX S1, only when VXII came out did they have the new design, I assume with that new design came the new loom.

I have a VT which I installed VXII stalks in, I had to rewire in the new VXII looms also.

Answers one of your questions :)
Thanks for the information - it was much appreciated.
Did you buy the VX2 loom(s) off the shelf, obtain them form a wrecker, or did you have to make up the loom(s) yourself?
How many looms need to be installed to get the cruise control working correctly?

M

mwb235

Having recently acquired my first Commodore, a 2002 VX2 Executive without cruise control, I must admit to being a little confused after reading some of the posts regarding just what is needed to fit a cruise control onto this particular model Commodore.

Some state the VX Series 2 was fitted with the cruise control wiring loom irrespective of whether the vehicle was fitted with cruise control or not. I'm not sure if this is correct as, making allowances for me being a complete novice regarding Commodores, I cannot find a cruise control wiring loom and/or connector plug on my vehicle anywhere in the vicinity of where a cruise control unit would normally be located on the RHS of the engine bay.

Also is there a difference between the wiring loom fitted to Series 1 as distinct from the loom fitted to a Series 2?

I ask this question as a cruise control wiring loom is being offered for sale on Ebay and is listed as being suitable for all Commodores from ranging from a 1995 VS to VX Series 1 inclusive.

I'd really appreciate if any forum members could provide me with definitive answers to these questions - and maybe if any one does have a VX2 cruise control wiring loom for sale, then please let me know (I have most of the rest of the bits and pieces required).

Thanks

Here is a cruise control wiring diagram, and also a wiring diagram i made in 2001 when i fitted VXII stalks to my VR (also did it to my current VT in 2007) - see attached.

And here are some old threads i posted in discussing changing the stalks (may be some doubling up here, but still in case it helps):
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au.../98266-vx-2-vx-1-cruise-stalk-conversion.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ndicator-wiper-stalks-vt-series-1-calais.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...02/124141-vy-vz-cruise-conttrol-stalk-vt.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...91-converting-t-series-2-indicator-stalk.html

Attachments

• VT cruise control .jpg
    VT cruise control .jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 10,598
  • VT to VXII stalks.jpg
    VT to VXII stalks.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 6,560

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
Thanks mwb235

The information you provided was very helpful.