Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 VY Steering Squeaking Problem + Fuel Consumption

Vyvyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Vy SS
Hey everyone,

New to this site but need some help with my VY, have a problem with what seems to be the front left hand side wheel? Started out whenever I turned to the right hard but has gotten significantly worse since, to the point that there is a constant squeaking even while steering wheel is straight. I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be and will be taking it to the mechanics soon but just wanted to see if I could get some ideas off here first? Also just a general question for others with VY'S I seem to go through a hell of a lot more fuel then alot of other people that I know with commodores. I do have a 2.5" Redback exhaust on it but I'm wondering if there's anything else mechanical I should be looking at (thought of replacing the fuel filter and no leaks).

Sorry if its long the problem has just been bugging me for so long and I wanted to explain it properly. Thanks in advance

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Congratulations, you re-posted the same thread 4 times in 3 minutes......

Sounds like it needs a bloody good service. Take it to a quality workshop and hand over your credit card.