Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Haha cheers - hopefully after the charger setup it'll slow down a bit. It's pretty much where I want it now.. But who knows what'll be impulse bought!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Good score for $500... Be prepared to carry a towel in your car on those hot hot summer days to put on your seat cos you will scorch the back of your legs on leather if your wearing shorts as I found out when I swapped to leather seats lol..

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Good score for $500... Be prepared to carry a towel in your car on those hot hot summer days to put on your seat cos you will scorch the back of your legs on leather if your wearing shorts as I found out when I swapped to leather seats lol..

Haha was already hot the next day in the car and could feel it burning :p. The price we pay to look good lol.

The leather is really comfy though, and it has raised sides so it feels like a bucket seat, don't move anywhere

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Ever sat in R8 Coulson leather seats? The bolsters on the sides are even higher than on the SS leather seats ( rare to find leather Coulsons now but I was lucky enough to score some)... :)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Ever sat in R8 Coulson leather seats? The bolsters on the sides are even higher than on the SS leather seats ( rare to find leather Coulsons now but I was lucky enough to score some)... :)

Nah mate, love the look but never had that opportunity. I didn't even look for Coulsons, I can justify $500 for seats, not $2000 lol.

Also, charger has arrived all boxed up from Raptor. Soon as i get home i'll get into it, hopefully get the charger all done quick fast then have fun mounting all the liquid cooling items for the charger (mini-radiator, reservoir and pump)

R

Risky

Cheapest I've seen Coulsons as been just a little over $1200. I can't see the justification in them either.

R

Risky

wait to you sit in a set

I have mate & no denying that they aren't crap. Look at the ones on eBay & see the prices & condition. Rips, tears, sags & they want a fortune for them. $1200 was for a poor pair of front seats. It would have cost a fortune to repair them.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Haha one day maybe, but I doubt it!

Anyway updates, car is not complete but did as much as I could last night. Few things were missing out of the kit (simple grommets, hose clamps, nuts/bolts etc) but Tim have been pretty helpful up until 10PM last night which is good to see great service.

Need to do the Engine breather, blank off the throttle body with a grommet, get another t piece for vacuum for gauges, shorter bolts, spacers and nuts for the coil relocation then pretty much fit up the water cooling kit and do the belt.

Should be all good to finish tonight if i can find what I need tonight, still lots of fiddly bits. The bottom pipe is sitting on the header so i gotta try figure that out so it's not touching also.

Anyway some pic updates: