Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Well that's good to know.
How's it run with the charger :p

It runs great. It would be a lot more fun as a manual though. You're lucky in that regard. I think you'll be happy with it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you running intercooled or just standard 10PSI pulley?

I'm running intercooled with the 12 psi pulley and the billet impeller. Getting around 12 psi at the top of first gear. The Ute is now my work vehicle, so has 2 ladders, 2 big steel tool boxes and a heap of tools and gear on it at all times. It still pulls fairly hard considering. It could pull 0-100 it around 5.5 seconds when it was just the tray, now probably 6.5 seconds. Still pretty quick for a fully decked out tradie Ute lol. With all the weight on the back I don't have any traction problems like I did before....as soon as it hit 2nd it would just powerskid for ages..good fun.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I'm running intercooled with the 12 psi pulley and the billet impeller. Getting around 12 psi at the top of first gear. The Ute is now my work vehicle, so has 2 ladders, 2 big steel tool boxes and a heap of tools and gear on it at all times. It still pulls fairly hard considering. It could pull 0-100 it around 5.5 seconds when it was just the tray, now probably 6.5 seconds. Still pretty quick for a fully decked out tradie Ute lol. With all the weight on the back I don't have any traction problems like I did before....as soon as it hit 2nd it would just powerskid for ages..good fun.

Sounds pretty decent - do you remember how it ran non-intercooled?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non intercooled I'd say it was on par or maybe slightly stronger in cool weather, but in the summer time intercooled is stronger I'd say, especially low in the rev range.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Non intercooled I'd say it was on par or maybe slightly stronger in cool weather, but in the summer time intercooled is stronger I'd say, especially low in the rev range.

That's suprisinrg, I would have thought it'd be stronger all round. Kinda makes me feel better at the moment also though considering it'll be non-intercooled to begin with.

Actually paid the deposit on the charger today, should be on the car in the next 2-3 weeks :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's suprisinrg, I would have thought it'd be stronger all round. Kinda makes me feel better at the moment also though considering it'll be non-intercooled to begin with.

Actually paid the deposit on the charger today, should be on the car in the next 2-3 weeks :)

I'd say in the low to mid range revs (2000-4000), intercooled is noticeably stronger, but above that it's pretty close. That's just my take on it. Other guys with raptors may say otherwise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
The best thing about Raptor is the customer support. If you have ANY questions at all, just email or call Tim. I've emailed him at 9pm and had a response in 5 minutes. He is very dedicated, and a top bloke!