Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY SV8 DIFF

DYLAN_EDMONDS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7L
Can someone please enlighten me on my VY SV8, should it be factory LSD. Have spoken to car yard from where I purchased two days ago, good buggers are going to have a looksy as it's under mechanical warranty, choice one.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
You could rebuild your std lsd and it still won’t be all that great a Eaton true trac lsd centre is a far superior unit if u can afford it no more 1 wheel spin ever again

DYLAN_EDMONDS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7L
You could rebuild your std lsd and it still won’t be all that great a Eaton true trac lsd centre is a far superior unit if u can afford it no more 1 wheel spin ever again
Cheers mate will look into it, honestly dont really try to skid, just so happened to have to plant my foot to evade a Prius.... one wheel went smoked up and slowly just got out of the way, great way to start my Sunday morning, cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Look at the tag attached to the diff. If it says LSD single pegging, it's worn out (car is like 15+ years old now). Doubt you will be covered for it, mechanical warranty is more for making sure you don't get a lemon and the car works properly.

DYLAN_EDMONDS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7L
Look at the tag attached to the diff. If it says LSD single pegging, it's worn out (car is like 15+ years old now). Doubt you will be covered for it, mechanical warranty is more for making sure you don't get a lemon and the car works properly.
They were happy to look at it for me how ever after peeling out of work the diff Gods gifted the VY the strength of an HSV and she peeled both and engaged to second autonomously, I'm still smiling at home. So called the shop and said not worry. May look at shimming options or other Diffs in the future, for now she's good, highly recommend the 225/50 R16s rides smoother than the 235/35 R19s it came on, nice BGW TORQUE rims but every bump here on NZ roads just gets old. Yup Kiwi here. peace lol