Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VZ Commodore - Wont start. Help!

RecklessXL

Society's worst enemy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ "ClubSpec"
G'day fella's

Today she was running fine as usual, but when I went to start her up tonight to head out, she wouldn't kick over.

Upon turning the key, all the dash lights up, stereo comes on, but no guts, not even a slight turn over, just dead. I thought possibly the chip in me key might have crapped it, but if it did, I dont think i'd be able to turn the alarm off & open the car? Knowing my bloody luck these past few days, it's probably worse.

Any idea's on the problem would be greatly appreciated, before I begin taking her apart willy-nilly looking for anything & everything.

Cheers champs

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Try the obvious, Battery, Grab some jump leads and give it a jolt.

You might have a bad battery. I'f youve got another car, swap batteries and see what happends.

RecklessXL

Society's worst enemy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ "ClubSpec"
Try the obvious, Battery, Grab some jump leads and give it a jolt.

Yeah mate, did that early this morning. She's all go now, all sweet. Don't have a bloody clue what was wrong.
But the battery was fully charged, gave her a jump start, nothing. Put a new battery in her, nothing.
Then after about an hour of tinkering in the engine bay, she kicked over & started without trouble.
So I'll be buggered with what happened there!

Haha

RecklessXL

Society's worst enemy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ "ClubSpec"
I'm thinking starter motor... If it was working you would hear a clicking sound when you try to turn the engine over

Yeah, possibly. There was no clicking, no engine turn over, just dead. I shut her down & started her back up a few times this morning & she kicked over each
time without trouble, so it's bloody got me stumped. Haha

RecklessXL

Society's worst enemy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ "ClubSpec"
I'll have to look into it after she's out of the workshop. Bloody P-plater ate the arse end of me car 2 days ago. Wouldn't be surprised if something under the hoods happened from her
being nudged a few inches while in park. Poor girls delicate!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Is it driven daily? cause if it was sitting for about the starter may be gotten jammed. Also, was it a cold morning?