Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Ford falcon BA MKII XT filter help

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hi guys,

my brother has a 2005 ford falcon BA MKII XT and we just did the service then but the oil filter has stumped me. we ended up cleaning the old one and putting it back on. we went to supercheap and repco and both of them told us it was the z9 oil filter but the hole is too small! i even tryed the z189a but thats also to small. here is a pic of the old/current oil filter and i did a bit of research and apparantly its for mazda aswell?

IMG_0073_zpsc0ac4611.jpg

as for the air filter we were told the a1575 is for the falcon but it was too big . here is the current air filter. any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_0074_zpsd9b1dd68.jpg

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
take the old ones in and mach them up, dont listen to them, the people that work there can be pretty useless, and they know fk all

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
will be doing that with the air filter during the week but this oil filter has just stumped me. i have tried looking on the oil filter sites and they are all pointing to Z9 or z186 (smaller version of z9) but they hole is too small. i think i have also just found out that it is meant to be a Z516. god damn fords

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
The z9 was stopped on the ford six at some stage. Take a look at the filter guide in the shop

RYCO GUIDE SAYS Z156

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Wrong forum mate :p

ford forums are useless. still waiting for my account to be passed by the admins....

anyways i am sure this is a z516 filter since i have just checked the rego paper and it turns out to be a BF . my brother went full retard. but i am still unsure about the air filter since it is saying a1575 for the bf aswell..

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Looks like the Z516 is the oil, and not sure on the air. Says A1575, but maybe A1475. Ford had a bad habit of using whatever parts they had lying around when building cars, so no garantee that you have what you should.
They did change from Z9 in the BA mid range to Z516.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Looks like the Z516 is the oil, and not sure on the air. Says A1575, but maybe A1475. Ford had a bad habit of using whatever parts they had lying around when building cars, so no garantee that you have what you should.
They did change from Z9 in the BA mid range to Z516.

ye ill get my brother to just go to supercheap and get them to do the air filter for him.

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
will be doing that with the air filter during the week but this oil filter has just stumped me. i have tried looking on the oil filter sites and they are all pointing to Z9 or z186 (smaller version of z9) but they hole is too small. i think i have also just found out that it is meant to be a Z516. god damn fords

Actually the smaller version of a Z9 oil filter is a Z89.