Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Sv6 paint fading

yjwx18

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Hi everybody:

Nice to find this forum :p

I am a new to here.I just got a question with my Sv6 2005, the red paint on the front panel(above the engine) is fading off. I was guessing if it can be caused by any chemicals when the car get washed? I serviced my car 2 month ago and it becomes worse and worse. There are still some white chemicals(powder) that I can see in the gap between the side panel and the front.I never wash my car except it get serviced.I do park the car outside.However is it normal that a 2005 holden get its paint fading? what should I do ?Any suggestions? Thank you guys. :cry:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hi everybody:

Nice to find this forum :p

I am a new to here.I just got a question with my Sv6 2005, the red paint on the front panel(above the engine) is fading off. I was guessing if it can be caused by any chemicals when the car get washed? I serviced my car 2 month ago and it becomes worse and worse. There are still some white chemicals(powder) that I can see in the gap between the side panel and the front.I never wash my car except it get serviced.I do park the car outside.However is it normal that a 2005 holden get its paint fading? what should I do ?Any suggestions? Thank you guys. :cry:

paint fade happens to cars, that arnt polished or washed adequetly, and if your a lazy cleaner (as youve said) red isnt a good colour for you to own, red always seems to fade more than other colours,

i suggest if you want it looking good again, pay the money and send it to a detailers to fix it up for you