Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Tiida

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Question for those who work on cars for a living. Step daughter just bought a Tiida auto. Wife drove it today and reckoned it was driving quite poorly. Best i can find is loose info about problematic CVTs but nothing concrete. Anyone know a bit about these and common problems?

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I can't think of anything outrageous with the Tiida. The CVT should be serviced regularly, but the fluid is quite expensive at $80 per litre. That said I'd only ever use genuine fluid. The PCM displays a fluid life countdown indicator available through a compatible scan tool.

Nissan CVTs whine a bit... may have something to do with the gear tooth angles, or the fluid or something. That said I've never replaced or had to diagnose a problem with one.

I hate that some models don't have a driver's armrest. This gives the impression of feeling spacious, but uncomfortable.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Using the wrong fluid in CVT's will give problems (well documented when they were starting to be imported in bulk).
Maybe check that as a start. I remember test driving a cvt when they were new, definitely interesting at the time.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks for that men, I will tell the wife they need to book the trans in as well. I have a bit of an idea with the CVT, how weird they drive at least as the wifes 2015 Outlander has one.