Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ 175 Flatspots

Crabito

Reaction score
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 V8
HI
I am suffering Flatspots in my 2005 VZ 175 commodore :cry: (stock standard)
most of times the car has no get up and go eg. if you put your foot down when approching a roundabout to beat the traffic it or at a intersection or pulling out into traffic there is just no power it seems to be stuck in top gear
My exhaust is leaking around the flanges ( you can see the black) would this be a cause of my problem
My airfilter is clean
Also I am getting around 400KM out of a tank and i drive on the freeway alot
Dont know what to do :bang:

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
Mine is EXACTLY the same, round abouts are a total nightmare, it's as if you push your foot down and the car needs time to generate the power, for like 3 seconds or so. If i put it power shift it seems to help.

Car: 04 vz exec.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
try reseting the car, to do this disconnect the battery overnight. now when u reconnect the battery the car will 're-train' itself to your driving habbits. you may use a bit of fuel for the first week but it will sort itself out. 400km to a tank on the highway isnt normal. hope that helps

kRaZeD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Thats shocking economy...

My vz wagon gets way better and I'm in stop start traffic for most of my driving.

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
my economy sits around the same but with mostly city driving...I had the same experience with the lack of power..as i too have a 175 kw in my svz...but ive put a catback exhaust and a cai pod setup which has improved things a lot...

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Change your fuel filter... I had the same fault, fixed my problem.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
also check for voltage drop between the motor and battery on the earth side, heard of it before, this will cause high fuel consumption

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
also check for voltage drop between the motor and battery on the earth side, heard of it before, this will cause high fuel consumption

interesting i will have to check that on mine. is it normally loose terminals?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
vz does have flat spots............ tis a mix of torque abuse control, having a 4 speed gearbox with a conservative diff........... oh and lets not forget it may be something else outside that.

I'd go with new plugs, new fuel filter, injector cleaner and run 98 + pull your ecu fuse for a min and put it back in to cause the car to relearn from scratch. none of this battery disconnect overnight.

otherwise.......... if it bugs you that much, either get it tuned or buy VCM Suite for example and tune it out.

Maybe try a K&N Filter..... at minumum it'll add a bit more fuel as it allows more air, may help may not. Get some liquid gasket sealer and seal your exhaust as it'll effect your backpressure depending on how much it's leaking. alloytechs need back pressure for low down torque........ (not for the high end tho).

*** On a side note, 2 hole mod.