Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz Calais or 2002 vx barlina mod benefits?

05 vz Calais or 02 vx Barlina

• 02 VX BARLINA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smurfog32

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz Calais & 2002 vx Barlina
I recently bought a 2005 vz Calais. I've been told they have a timing chain problem and other issues. Then I speak with other mates and they say it's older models?? I'm asking as the car is very clean, less then 120k on the clock but I also have a 2002 vx Barlina very straight (she's just had her 20th birthday last year) has 350 000 on the clock but haven't had an issue with her. They are both stock cars and want to put some work into one. Which would you spend your money on? Don't want to spend time and money on the new car (vz) if it's not worth it.

First post so go easy

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
The vz’s are the problem child with ecu issues and timing chains etc as you mentioned as to which one you should spend money on it’s your call at the end of the day

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It's not worth modifying these V6 Commodores as you'll get not much power out of them for the money you spend...

The Ecotec is marginally better to modify than an Alloytec though you'll still be spending lots for not much gains and your VX has 350,000km so it may not hold up very long with the modifications...