Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] 2005 VZ Impulse Blue S Ute (manual)

ojame

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore S Ute
Write Off.

I've owned this ute since 2010. It got rear ended late 2016 and is classified as a write off. You can see there is damage to the rear panels. The gearbox is also 'stuck' in third (I think) gear. The shifter moves loosely through the box, so it could just be a linkage, I'm not sure.

Reliably ran, a daily driver until the accident. It hasn't been turned over in a couple of months (there's no battery). I drove it home from the tow yard (Laverton to Werribee) in third gear, so it's still drivable but I highly suggest towing - you'll need to bring a battery if you want to drive it away. I can borrow a battery if you want to come and take a look and want to see it turn over (fair enough).

Not that it really matters but it was an optioned ute out of the factory - bluetooth, 6 stack cd player, cruise control etc. Has a towbar, visually looks fine, not sure after the accident though.

It's on the Vic Roads register as a write off.

PM offers, i'm not sure how much it's worth, but Manheim is offering ~$2000.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
It amazes me that it's a write-off. Surely that's repairable even if there's some damage behind the tailgate.