Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ Storm S Ute Turismo Blue

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
mine are 245/35/19, an they are achilles sports, they were on it when i bought it, they have been great tyres, good in the wet an got good handling, im going falkens when i gotta get new tyres, ive heard very good things about them

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
ohk yeah thats fair enough haha im just gunna stick with what i know and at the moment the price is right

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
yeah thats fair enough, i know what you mean, i would do the same

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
so just an update i went shopping today and managed to spend $400 haha

i bought a jaycar response amp: AA-0453
3m of 4 gauge RED
2m of 4 gauge BLACK
3m of blue switch wire (just checking this doesnt have to be big right cos its only carrying a signal? thanks)
6m of figure 8 speaker wire, not sure of size i think around 16 gauge?
Aerpro inline fuse holder
Aerpro 60 amp fuses
Aerpro Low Level Converter

IMG_0501.jpg

also have ordered Morel Maximo 6.5 Components so should be here on monday

basically my plans are to install new amp and speakers as im worried about running new speakers straight off original headunit outputs, so until i get a new headunit ill just run the low level converter, also in a while i can get a sub and box and install it all together,
big thanks to sweefu for finding this gear and helping me out with the audio as i know a little but still have a lot to learn, cheers mate

oh also just quickly the dropshot at autobahn reckons running a higher gauge cable (like 4 gauge instead of 8 gauge in my case) will be worse for the system because it has a bigger space to push the electrons through, ive always read on here a little bigger gauge is better so im open to inputs on this haha

thanks for looking :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
speakers arrived today :D looks like im gunna have a very busy weekend ahead haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
so quick update i installed my new amp, speakers and LOC on the weekend and all works awesomly, im very pleased with how it sounds, all my mates keep saying it sounds like it has a sub so im stoked but ill get a sub down the track lol also ordered a few new things including DRL strips and some small subtle stickers which i wont give away yet but will upload pics when they arrive ;)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
installed my drls this morning, they look awesome in the day but ill take somepics when it gets dark tonight and post up

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
So with your new speakers it sounds like you have a sub in your car now? an did you change your head unit or is it stil stock? o btw dude you coming up to the sking comp up in grafton this weekend?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah haha goes pretty hard, and nah stock h/u running though a lock. and nah sorry mate my ute ****ed up the other night, previous owner didnt service it like he told me he did so now it needs a new engine :( i should have taken it to the mechanics as soon as i bought it but found out the hard way i guess

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
oh really? thats ####ed dude, yeah i got mine from a yard so its all good, just needs a tune cause not running the best, will be good once ido that, should be a week or two, an whats up with the engine?? where ya getting a new one from?