Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz sv6 CAI problem

drswagpoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hey everyone just confused atm about what is going on with the cai.
i installed a cai kit from mace engineering and at first i noticed a difference with throttle response but mostly the sound was greatly improved and i was stoked but a few days and drives later the noise or throttle response barley exists if at all?
My initial though was maybe it was disconnected but it is all still together and i can still hear it breathing in air but just not as much.
Is this the cpu realizing too much air was coming in so it started to restrict air coming in? i am not too sure what too do so if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated!
and if it means anything it is 6 speed manual.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Not exactly sure what could be causing it but my suggestions would be to do the following:
- open the box and double check the pod filter hasn't fallen off the intake pipe (had that issue once before!)
- give your MAF a good clean-out (worth doing at any stage). It's good to make sure the sensors are clean and getting accurate readings. If you don't know how to do this correctly look for a tutorial cos you really don't want to damage that part.
- double check all the clamps are sealed correctly.

The MACE CAI is made to increase airflow and I doubt "too much" air is an issue at all but maybe the CPU has remapped itself based on the new level of airflow and took some time to adjust?
I'f you are after more noise you can always take the cover of the box off
(but be warned on this being a possible defect as Pod filters must be enclosed)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
As above , make sure everything is done up tightly and correctly , might be worth disconnecting the battery for a minute or two as well , so the ECU can adjust itself to the extra air going into the engine .

and as I see you're a new member welcome in . :beer chug:

Last edited:

drswagpoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hey thanks heaps and yeah you were right the pod had fallen off a little bit! hahaha feel so stupid now but awell thanks for your help

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
At least it was something easy , the Mace intakes are good .

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
+1 to MACE, they are top notch and I would recommend them for any future mods.
And you're welcome! Good thing it was a quick easy fix! Should have bought the one with the clear perspex lid, you would have been able to see the problem straight away! ;)