Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz ute mods

nicosped

Reaction score
Members Ride
white 2005 vz ute
just got a stock standard white vz ute and just wondering what to do with it ?

i was thinking 19'' wheels

thunder hard lid

lowered

smoked tail lights and indicators

and sound system

any feedback would be awsome

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
recommendation dont get a sub for behind the seat. Grab a real decent set of a 6x9s are better for utes in my opinion and if its stock youll have to shell out the $$ for the wiring etc. not a fan of the smoked stuff clear or led ones look the best. but definitely the hard top and the rims :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
that all sounds good mate, personally i reckon the smoked stuff looks mad on white cars haha is your ute a S or SS pack or anything? or just a standard one? also i reckon throw an exhaust system into the mix if you like a bit of growl. and stereo system is your own preference really, depends on the music you like to listen to and whether a sub would make that music better or you find you dont need it, i gotta admit im opposite to skidmarks above haha (nothing against you mate, its just personal opinion) but 6x9s plus standard speakers in a ute tend to just be loud without much bass that ive seen so far, but again, personal preference, we can only give you ideas at the end of the day its your choice and whatever you like, cause your the one thats driving it mate :)

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
yeah its true personal preference haha.

nicosped

Reaction score
Members Ride
white 2005 vz ute
Well i have done a bit of looking around and getting pioneer head unit splits tweeters amp and 10 inch sub.. My mate is fitting a lukey 2.5" exhaust for $300 or $600 with extractor also first stage lowering for $330 but thinking bout just dropping it and keeping the stockies on it :p and seeing how dad is in the fibreglass game getting a custom hard lid :D

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
have you listened to alloytechs with a 2.5" system on it? just alot of people on this forum recommend against them because they are too droney, they say 2.25" is the biggest you can go for the alloytech to get the best note on it

when you say first stage loweing do you mean SL or SSL or what mate? if i knew what was in mine id tell you haha but thats just how it was bought, i know its the FE2 suspension with red springs which i assume are Pedders, i just dunno what model they are.

and that sound system would be good, i just partially set up my system with new splits and an amp off the original H/U through a LOC and it sounds great, sounds like it has a sub as is haha have a look on my forum in the Show Off Your Ride Part, its called 2005 Storm S Ute Turismo Blue

custom fibreglass hard lid sounds like the go you got any designs for it? personally i love the twin humps haha

also dude you should make your own my ride thread so you can throw pics up and other JC members can check it out and post there thoughts on it, i know im keen to see how it looks haha

hope i was of some help mate

nicosped

Reaction score
Members Ride
white 2005 vz ute
Nah I haven't yet i have been trying to look up vz v6 after market exhaust note but all I'm finding is s pack utes but they have the same engine don't they ? So u recommend 2.25inch ?

I'm pretty sure it's super low my mate just said first stage lowering so I'm guessing that's sl..

Yeah I'm looking at thunder lids just gotta find a mold to glass off

Yeah I'm a bit new to forums but I'll try and I'll have a look at your ride

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah they should be the same, the 3.6L alloytech 190? well most threads ive read say 2.25 is best, even look on you tube at some different exhaust systems for the alloytech 190 and see what you like best.

yeah first stage lowering sounds like SL's

yeah it takes a bit to get used to but once you get the hang of its pretty easy haha if your ever after a specific thing to find out about there is a search bar in the top right hand corner

oh and welcome to the forum mate :D

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Eith twin 2.25" or single 2.5", im getting a single 2.5" straight through soon i hope, been told single 2.5 will be the best for my ute, but mines only a 175kw

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Eith twin 2.25" or single 2.5", im getting a single 2.5" straight through soon i hope, been told single 2.5 will be the best for my ute, but mines only a 175kw

i thought it was 190 same as mine? howcome its different? haha sorry to hijack