Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ V6 Executive Wagon Auto

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
Hi all, first timer here 'be gentle' - just bought 2005 VZ Wagon, the guy says Oil Water is All ok, so like an Idiot off i go, then 100 klm's down the road, the 'oil warning light comes on, i stop and check 'oil has ONLY maybe '1 or 2 Liters in it'.
Part 2) Engine sounded 'fine no tapping or noise at all, so i nursed it at 60 k's an hour, the 20 k's to auto shop - "it takes 5 liters pf oil" ( what a Wanker the guy i bought it from is ) so take it another 120 k's home. But all the way home its flashing 'Check Oil" ~ I Get home dump oil 'put new oil and filters, "EVERYTHING !

(Part 3) check oil level at least a dozen times 'over the weekend, then on return trip 100 klm's hour is 'Ok, THEN - "check Oil" comes on when go over 110 klm's hour to overtake a car, i stop check the oil, Now the Bloody thing is sounding like a 'mild diesel' and oil Reads at least a Liter Overfull, i turn it off 'wait 5 minutes and start it, it sounds Fine Again.

(Part 4) i drive it out a to my friends, a drain out 1 Liter and check it, get the oil level 'correct' for the second time in 2 days, drive it and again is sounding like a diesel, i turn it off start it again and it sounds Fine and seems undamaged.

(Part 5) Haha What the hell is going On guys / girls ?? Can you shed some Light ~ 'immortality please ? ( is there **** in the oil pump ? or electronic engine management system ? )

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
A big worry is the apparent absence of oil from when you bought it. It may not have been as low as you thought, if the Oil warning light only came on after driving 100 kms. You have the 'mild diesel' sound coming and going - Maybe oil pump? Blocked sump oil pickup? Engine sludge?
You may want to take off the rocker covers and see what it looks like - it will be glaringly obvious if there is engine sludge.
VZ 'service engine oil' prompt can be reset via the dash. Refer to your handbook. Probably be a good idea to get the car onto a code reader to check for codes.

auspnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
A big worry is the apparent absence of oil from when you bought it. It may not have been as low as you thought, if the Oil warning light only came on after driving 100 kms. You have the 'mild diesel' sound coming and going - Maybe oil pump? Blocked sump oil pickup? Engine sludge?
You may want to take off the rocker covers and see what it looks like - it will be glaringly obvious if there is engine sludge.
VZ 'service engine oil' prompt can be reset via the dash. Refer to your handbook. Probably be a good idea to get the car onto a code reader to check for codes.

Thank you Silverbird, will investigate your suggestions, yes i think sludge + pump/pickup - but of course hope for a "this is Exactly what's wrong message'' regards Phil.

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Maybe get a scanner on there first, Phil, before taking apart.