Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Holden combo rough idle and no acceleration

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Hi I have a 2006 1.4l z14xep Holden combo
I have changed the, coil packs, spark plugs, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, cam angle sensor, and removed and cleaned the throttle body and maf air sensor and put them back.
So the problem is I have fault code p0340 cam positioning sensor, I have changed the angle sensor but I’m trying to figure out if it has an internal positioning sensor as I have checked everywhere and can’t get any good information on this car. The car runs rough, starts up okay revs to 2000 when cold on startup then straight away drops to about 600 and idles rough, when I’m at the lights or I have stopped and I’m about to take off ile put it into first gear and start to accelerate but it just doesn’t go like it doesn’t rev at all. It has sluggish take off and uphill acceleration.
Can anyone help me with this,
I think it may be the crank angle sensor and I’m going to change it tomorrow, but the fault code is for the camshaft sensor not the crankshaft but I might as well change it while I’m at it. anyone had anything similar to this, thanks

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I helped a neighbour with a combo some years ago.
The pcv valve is incorporated in the rocker cover for memory.
Removed the rocker cover , cleaned everything out of all the years of gunky oil build up and car ran well.