Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega Rear diffuser

Jyi Tolman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega 2006
Hey, I've got a 2006 VE omega and the owner before me has put on an aftermarket exhaust without installing a new diffuser(So it doesn't have one at all). I was wondering if the diffuser of an sv6 or SS will fit?

UPDATE
used a series 2 omega diffuser it fits perfectly, and only cost $30 from a wrecker.
Hope this helps someone

Last edited:

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
well. . . from my understanding (which i do not have a lot as of this moment) it would depend on the model of the car that was meant for, if the rear diffuser is suited to fit an SS but the SS is a VE series then it would fit. same goes for an SV6. some rear diffusers were designed to fit a VZ model, others a VF. research more on the subject if you can, to get a better understanding.

Jyi Tolman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega 2006
well. . . from my understanding (which i do not have a lot as of this moment) it would depend on the model of the car that was meant for, if the rear diffuser is suited to fit an SS but the SS is a VE series then it would fit. same goes for an SV6. some rear diffusers were designed to fit a VZ model, others a VF. research more on the subject if you can, to get a better understanding.
thanks for the reply, and yea ive given it a good bit of research the past week and it seems like they all use the same slot for it. posting here is mainly just for a quick second opinion and hopefully someone with a bit more experience than me can give me confirmation haha. if it doesn't fit i guess i can try and cut it to shape ;)

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
you could do that, may take some time and careful precise cutting. generally if the diffuser fits a VE whether it was on an SS originally or V6 model it should fit because the series is "VE", i am currently looking for some VZ SS parts for my VZ ute even though mine is not an SS. so it should be fine. and if not happy safe cutting!

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Hey, I've got a 2006 VE omega and the owner before me has put on an aftermarket exhaust without installing a new diffuser(So it doesn't have one at all). I was wondering if the diffuser of an sv6 or SS will fit?

UPDATE
used a series 2 omega diffuser it fits perfectly, and only cost $30 from a wrecker.
Hope this helps someone
SV6 one will fit, $60 from Holden,without red inserts.