Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega . Wont start or crank after being driven for 1/2 hour or so.

Crowe1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
As per the title. Car starts and runs fine when starting from cold. Once the car has been driven for about 1/2 hour (my travel time to work) and i stop the engine and attempt to restart it immediately or even after a short time such as going into the servo to buy a drink etc. The car will not crank. Turn the key everything lights up. I can hear what i assume is the starter relay click and the fuel pump kick in but after that nothing. I have tried starting in neutral and running the selector up and down a few time and then back into park. No dice. Replaced the batteries in the keys just in case. No difference. If i wait 10 or 15 minutes and then try it again it starts no problem and idles and runs fine. Seems to me to be heat related but having mever owned a commodore before i may be completely wrong. So oh wise and knowledgeable people any thoughts on the cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Sounds like a ignition module inside the steering column shroud ..
If you unplug it and plug it in again car will start, but fault will occur again

Crowe1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Sounds like a ignition module inside the steering column shroud ..
If you unplug it and plug it in again car will start, but fault will occur again
Cheers. Will give that a try. Out of curiosity any idea why this fault only occurs when the car gets hot?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Cheers. Will give that a try. Out of curiosity any idea why this fault only occurs when the car gets hot?
Don't really know, to be honest, could be a dry joint, bad /cracked solder on the pcb board or faulty electronics all round.