Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks for that mate I may look in to doing it sometime. Are you planning on getting side skirts too?

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
No worries.

Nah I'm fine with the stock omega skirts, they're pretty much the exact height just don't have that squarish look to them.
Can't fit a coke can under the current sides anyway...

Just with the plasti-dip, got a couple of stone chips in one of them at the moment, might have to give it a quick touch-up, other than that everything's going fine.

MS56

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The black rim n red calipers look mad as haha .

Fog lights r in the new bar right? After this make sure you convert each light to HiDs

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yeah cheers, I'm so happy with them :)

Fog lights are in, wiring loom is not... I'm steering clear of HiDs, main reason is because of the money. I'm wrapped with my 4300k low-beam&parker globes so no need for a change there, and as for the globes in the foggies, well I'll make sure they match up in colour but I'm not even sure what kind of globe they take yet.. haven't sussed it out.

Planning on making a 'stealth' switch next week. Meaning it turns off all exterior lighting. Shall be interesting :)

Elliott

Reaction score
Hey only new to this but I'm looking for some detailed instructions with photos if possible on how to fit the sv6/ss grille to an omega ie what trimming needs to be done thanks

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Hey only new to this but I'm looking for some detailed instructions with photos if possible on how to fit the sv6/ss grille to an omega ie what trimming needs to be done thanks

I'm not sure if you'll find any detailed instructions with photos, the reason being it's so straight forward.
From memory, you have to trim of a few of the locating tabs on the side of the SV6/SS grille - you work it who which ones as soon as you go to put it on (I think it was the 2 side ones, not the 3 bottom ones)
Either use a Dremel (or similar) if you have one, or a Stanley knife or side cutters would also work, with a bit of caution.
You also have to trim the top left and top right corners of the grille where it touches the bumper next to the headlight - once again, you work it who which ones as soon as you go to put it on.

I've read a fair few Omega owner who've done this mod and said the grille doesn't fit 100% and certainly don't look as good as they do on an SV6/SS
The below pic taken from this 1st page of this thread - notice the gap from bottom centre of grille to front edge of bumper, it looks to big and angle of grille looks too steep IMO.

Don't get me wrong, looks better than standard. I think I only left mine on for about a few weeks before the look of it bugged me too much.

photo17yw.jpg

Hope this helps you.

RyJMc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Did you seriously spend $1695 for the S2 SV6 rims and tyres?
That is insanely expensive! You can pick them up in mint condition for $300.