Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 SVZ sedan - original specs

Journeyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore svz
This car has been in the family since new - purchased from Courtney Patterson - then in Ringwood.
It is badged as SVZ and appears to have all the visual features associated with an SVZ.
Sports instrumentation, partial leather, sports type front seats, electric driver seat, 17" alloy wheels, fog lamps, rear spoiler.
However - ID plate Indicates Std suspension. and I am unsure as to whether it has stability control.
How can i best verify ?
Thanks

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Traction Control was introduced in the VZ in 2006, and all sedans and wagons have it. VZs with FE2 suspension had stability control (electronic stability program that works in tandem with traction control, and both are effective at stopping hoon behaviour). The SV6 is the sporty, higher spec's model above the others so it would be unusual for it to not have FE2 suspension.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Traction Control was introduced in the VZ in 2006, and all sedans and wagons have it. VZs with FE2 suspension had stability control (electronic stability program that works in tandem with traction control, and both are effective at stopping hoon behaviour). The SV6 is the sporty, higher spec's model above the others so it would be unusual for it to not have FE2 suspension.

Just out of curiosity, was traction control an option for the earlier commodores, but standard on VZ's? Just seen a VX with traction fitted and my VY has the option on the dash for it to be fitted

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
@Journeyman SVZ specs pretty much as you listed. Not 100% sure but I think they used standard suspension and engine.

If it has stability control, there will be a button next to the auto shifter to disable it. My old 2004 SV6 had traction control with the button located next to the shifter.

@vc commodore yes, I think traction control was introduced in the VT. I have also driven a VY with it. VX brochure has traction control listed.

Cheers.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just out of curiosity, was traction control an option for the earlier commodores, but standard on VZ's? Just seen a VX with traction fitted and my VY has the option on the dash for it to be fitted

Fish Mongrel business owner near me (that is its name, Fish Mongrel!) has a VX, with neither traction control or ESP (or a working speedometer...) . I don't think it could be optioned in either Ecotec or Alloytec engines. If I ever thought the VZ I owned was getting old and touchy, I should ponder the life of Riley (Riley the Fish Mongrel) and his filthy, faded, odorous pale bronze VX wagon 470,000km last look in November) . Tows a 1t portable freezer to and from the fish market in West Melbourne, to Geelong each and every day.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a VIN register or something that provides detailed information on vehicle features? Is it something I have seen here on JC or elsewhere/another site??