Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE Commodore wont start/crank

Jay Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE omega
I have a 2006 VE Omega
Had an issue before where it has all power (lights whistles windows and locks) but turn the key to crank and it acts like it has a flat battery. No click of starter solenoid, nothing but a lightless dash (on cranking mode of key)
I've let it sit before, gone back to it and it starts. Lasts weeks/months then out of the blue won't crank again.

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
Could be a faulty battery have u had a load test done on battery. could be a loose earth lead.. the one thing with the VE is that there really touchy on power.. i had a battery issue on mine. replaced battery with Varta E44 780CCA cranks very fast now and runs my electrics. and with all this icy weather it seems to handle well... hope u get it sorted at least on here u have a lot of advice that could help.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Yes you need a multimeter, preferably one with MAX/MIN reading. ENG mode voltmeter is sketchy.

Start by measuring the battery (terminals) before you turn anything on, then when you turn on the IGN, then when you crank the engine. Report back with those numbers.