Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 ve imobiliser problems

geo66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve commodore
Hi Guys.

Imobiliser key wont respond unless the car is unlocked manualy first. Operateas fine after car has been used, can unlock and lock within a short timeframe of use then will stop responding again. Tryed replacing battery in key but no joy. If anyone can help me out with a soulotion that would be great

Cheers
Geo66

geo66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve commodore
The Dealer only gave me one key. If it was the BCM do you think it would be coverd under the general warinty ? or if you would know how much it would cost to repair perhaps.
Thanks for the help

Geo66

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
IF it does turn out to be an issue with the BCM, it can be flashed, which I think is around the 150 mark. But it may also need to be replaced... in which case, no idea of cost! It would have been covered under the manufacturer's warranty but I can't see it being covered by any sort of extended, or third party warranty unfortunately unless your dealer is offering a VERY good used car warranty. Hopefully it turns out to be something less sinister for you though. Best bet is to take it into your dealer and get it hooked up onto a tech2