Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE Instrument Cluster Dials.

DannyD.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi all,

I`m looking to change my Cluster Dials with something more bright and more visible but I can`t find anything on the web.
All I found is from JHP but it costs 239$. I`m hoping to find something like a .cad file or any file that I can edit on my computer and then print it out at a Print Centre.
Anyone has any ideas where I can find something like this or if any of you have it I`ll give you a carton of any beer you want for it.

Thanks.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Cad files may be very difficult to obtain for the cluster dials, however high res scans are possible.
(Though you may have to manually play around with the image size to get the printout exact).

I may have some scans of the E1/E2 HSV (SWB) cluster face, as well as the Calais Cluster face if it helps ?

DannyD.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
****...I was hoping to be easier. It looks like I have to big in the pocket for this one.

Thanks.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Your best bet is to upgrade the cluster completely. (Get yourself a triple LCD cluster).
Or a cheaper alternative is to change the LEDs to give the cluster a new look.

image.php

image.php

Changing LEDs is the cheapest option, and will make the cluster easier to read if you have green or red illumination.

DannyD.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So, I found someone on ebay that creates custom dials and we will see how good he is when mine come.
Next question is about the dash lights. By what I understand the dash lights are white but they have some king of green filter on top that give the green colour of the dash. Is that correct, because in that case I can fiddle with the colours as well. If not, maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial on how to change these lights?

Thanks.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
If your dash lights up green, then it's got green LED's (no filters etc).

Greg from ASR (forum sponsor) changes these LED's all the time to any colour you want. He did mine and they turned out awesome.

You can only DIY if you are very proficient with soldering surface mount LED's - those suckers are tiny!

DannyD.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Can you help me with what types of LED`s do I need. A model or a code...

Thanks.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)