Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE ssv commodore electrical issues

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur using anyone alses tune remember to copy over any changes u want to do, do not ever put a different tune into your ecu especially with the e38 u can brick them pretty easy, also i never recommend to use another tune as it always needs work anyway as every engine is different, with the e38 u can bench flash them ive made up a loom to do it just couple powers and switch power and earth and canbus wires, hpt is 2 credits to license your vehicle

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
if ur using anyone alses tune remember to copy over any changes u want to do, do not ever put a different tune into your ecu especially with the e38 u can brick them pretty easy, also i never recommend to use another tune as it always needs work anyway as every engine is different, with the e38 u can bench flash them ive made up a loom to do it just couple powers and switch power and earth and canbus wires, hpt is 2 credits to license your vehicle
With the credits I just had a quick look so it's 2! So double ACDelco's price. That sucks...lol And thanks for the advice, I will definitely be using caution with the new ECU but have two older ones I can experiment on. The main reason I bought it was to tweak the tune myself, but am going to flash the one I got from the forums into one of the older ECU's just out of pure interest.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
With the credits I just had a quick look so it's 2! So double ACDelco's price. That sucks...lol And thanks for the advice, I will definitely be using caution with the new ECU but have two older ones I can experiment on. The main reason I bought it was to tweak the tune myself, but am going to flash the one I got from the forums into one of the older ECU's just out of pure interest.
are u wanting to use these in your GTS ? as u cant just swap ecu easily with the HSV, yep 2 credits which do engine and trans, just know that u have to license a ecu to flash to it and then if u flash another tune into it u will then have to license it again to go further as the code changes because of the different OS for every ecu, vin, match if it changes u have to relicense

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
are u wanting to use these in your GTS ? as u cant just swap ecu easily with the HSV, yep 2 credits which do engine and trans, just know that u have to license a ecu to flash to it and then if u flash another tune into it u will then have to license it again to go further as the code changes because of the different OS for every ecu, vin, match if it changes u have to relicense
The new ECU is going in the GTS. I have reprogrammed all the modules all except the ECU. With Tech 2 and Techline connect I kept getting this error. And after a lengthy chat with an ACDelco support person in the US couldn't find an answer.

Attachments

• Security access failure.jpg
    Security access failure.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 91

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is the new ecu brand new with no operating system on it or has that been flashed in by someone ? (cant be done with hpt) the HSV have different security then the holden range making it harder to swap things around, did u need the ecu or just trying to upgrade it ?

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
is the new ecu brand new with no operating system on it or has that been flashed in by someone ? (cant be done with hpt) the HSV have different security then the holden range making it harder to swap things around, did u need the ecu or just trying to upgrade it ?
It's old Holden stock and brand new with as far as I know no operating system installed( I could be wrong though) I've got a Tech 2 and MDI 2 that can access Techline connect but was unaware they don't have the program for the HSV. The service manual has HSV data. I just bought it because it was brand new and have been slowly replacing anything that looks dodgy or worn. So who would I have to contact HSV themselves?

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The new ECU is going in the GTS. I have reprogrammed all the modules all except the ECU. With Tech 2 and Techline connect I kept getting this error. And after a lengthy chat with an ACDelco support person in the US couldn't find an answer.
Doh, I just noticed the pic I put up was for a different car, but very similar.

Attachments

• HSV ECU Program Faults.gif
    HSV ECU Program Faults.gif
    334.5 KB · Views: 93

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure what u can do as HSV dont release any of that data, even injectronics cant do the HSV ecu as far as im aware as i asked a few years back soon as i said HSV it was nope sorry, if it is brand new then it wont have any operating system on it so u need someone to do that or if your setup can do that, is the ecu number the same as your existing number ? is your OS the 12612381