Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE ssv commodore electrical issues

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
Well I hope it does.
When people say “I have a scan tool” they have something off eBay or Jaycar that cost $35 and won’t see half the codes logged or recognise the Holden codes. They think they are what you have.

Here’s what I wrote:
View attachment 238337

Decent interfaces are what are needed to poke around in the nooks and crannies.
Again my apologies, I didn't expand the quote and Yes I'm familiar with service shop grade scan tools and how friggin expensive they are. I just purchased a MPV12 with Pro features to replace the Tech 2. A great scanner but seen better days and wont connect to Techline connect for the last two security permissions(fell asleep lol)
I dont judge if they can or not. I am just providing info.
Why do you assume I'm judging. Am I going to have to tiptoe around here until I understand the politics of the place?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Again my apologies, I didn't expand the quote and Yes I'm familiar with service shop grade scan tools and how friggin expensive they are. I just purchased a MPV12 with Pro features to replace the Tech 2. A great scanner but seen better days and wont connect to Techline connect for the last two security permissions(fell asleep lol)

Why do you assume I'm judging. Am I going to have to tiptoe around here until I understand the politics of the place?
That’s brilliant. I just had a look.
https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2plus/

For the price, that’s what one messed up misguided trip to a mechanic could easily cost someone. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan, “That little baby just paid for itself”.

But also need VCM Suite so that cost too.

Would be a good thread to start on it and give some updates on what it’s like to use.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
That’s brilliant. I just had a look.
https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2plus/

For the price, that’s what one messed up misguided trip to a mechanic could easily cost someone. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan, “That little baby just paid for itself”.

But also need VCM Suite so that cost too.

Would be a good thread to start on it and give some updates on what it’s like to use.
vcm suite is just the program no extra cost just buy the mpvi2+ and ur good to go, just to add the hptuners only does engine stuff it cant read anything bcm or external to the ecm, tcm, fpcm

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
vcm suite is just the program no extra cost just buy the mpvi2+ and ur good to go, just to add the hptuners only does engine stuff it cant read anything bcm or external to the ecm, tcm, fpcm
It can read tcm, but only what is supported.
Here is a link for supported vehicles list. https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

I was going to buy one of these setups (tools) but the (6L50) tranny is not supported.
So l'm glad l didn't. I have it behind my ecotec.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
It can read tcm, but only what is supported.
Here is a link for supported vehicles list. https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

I was going to buy one of these setups (tools) but the (6L50) tranny is not supported.
So l'm glad l didn't. I have it behind my ecotec.
it will read LS1 but aside form that has to be OBD2, can depend a little also as my cruze isnt on there list but i can read/tune it just fine, if ur gearbox has obd2 protocols and u know someone with hpt can just give it a go it will either read it or not, if yours was around the 2007 id say more then likely it can be tuned using hpt, just looked on the hptforum and people are tuning the 6L50 is it the same as in a Duramax truck auto ?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
if ur gearbox has obd2 protocols and u know someone with hpt can just give it a go it will either read it or not, if yours was around the 2007 id say more then likely it can be tuned using hpt
Yes it has the obd11 port. Yes l know someone with the hpt software & mpvi2 cable. Yes he can scan it, no he can't write to it. Its like its locked?

It was out of a 2010 commodore wagon or ute, can't remember, it was 2018 when l bought it. Its been installed for 2 years now.
He was telling me, if l replaced the tcm he could write to it (depending on which one). Thinking about it, l thought the v8 2008 (6L80) Tcm he'd be able to write to that if l installed it. But it would have the v8 shift points?

Anyway l was looking on fb market place & found a 6L50 out of a 2011 sv6, which had the paddle shifter, which is already turn on in the TCM (which is the only thing l want really). It was a driveable wreck with either 92000 km or 112000 km. There was 2 cluster in the car. The guy l bought it of, only wanted the engine.

Bought the tranny, ($250.00) changed the fluid & filter & installed it. No l still haven't been able to get the paddle shifter to work. Got other stuff to do, so will get back to it at a later date.

The 2011 tranny drives just as well as the 2010 tranny. So, l have spare tranny now.

Sorry for taking the thread of track.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Yes it has the obd11 port. Yes l know someone with the hpt software & mpvi2 cable. Yes he can scan it, no he can't write to it. Its like its locked?

It was out of a 2010 commodore wagon or ute, can't remember, it was 2018 when l bought it. Its been installed for 2 years now.
He was telling me, if l replaced the tcm he could write to it (depending on which one). Thinking about it, l thought the v8 2008 (6L80) Tcm he'd be able to write to that if l installed it. But it would have the v8 shift points?

Anyway l was looking on fb market place & found a 6L50 out of a 2011 sv6, which had the paddle shifter, which is already turn on in the TCM (which is the only thing l want really). It was a driveable wreck with either 92000 km or 112000 km. There was 2 cluster in the car. The guy l bought it of, only wanted the engine.

Bought the tranny, ($250.00) changed the fluid & filter & installed it. No l still haven't been able to get the paddle shifter to work. Got other stuff to do, so will get back to it at a later date.

The 2011 tranny drives just as well as the 2010 tranny. So, l have spare tranny now.

Sorry for taking the thread of track.
i wouldnt think it would be locked being standard, usually if its locked u cant even read it, if u can read it then can can flash to it after u pay the credits i assume, credits are usually for the engine and trans together so im not exactly sure how it works with trans only, best to use the tcm to suit the auto as there is alot in there that has to be right and a v8 one on a v6 will need pretty much all of the tables changed to work right anyway

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
i wouldnt think it would be locked being standard, usually if its locked u cant even read it, if u can read it then can can flash to it after u pay the credits i assume, credits are usually for the engine and trans together so im not exactly sure how it works with trans only, best to use the tcm to suit the auto as there is alot in there that has to be right and a v8 one on a v6 will need pretty much all of the tables changed to work right anyway
I just changed the tranny.

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
Yep and it' looks like it is very similar to ACDelco where you buy credits for licences. 1 credit $50 for one vehicle licence. Once licenced you can program the ECU as much as you like and in the HP Tuners forums members share verified performance tunes with each other. I've already downloaded a stock LS2 6.0l map and a performance one where the author claims it produces an extra 30 hp. I have a brand new E38 ECU waiting to program. I was going to use the Tech 2 but the R232 connection must be buggared.

Attachments

• Resized ecu.jpg
    Resized ecu.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 83